New Contributor

rings sizes, need advice before i send back a ring

I ordered a beautiful Diamonique ring in a size 8 but its very loose, and does not come in half sizes. should i consider reordering a size 7?

Respected Contributor

Re: rings sizes, need advice before i send back a ring

First try a little ""ring sizer"" that you can place into the band. You may find them on

Walter Drake.com

Honored Contributor

Well, if it's 'very' loose then you might consider it...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

If it FALLS off your finger send it back. If it is simply loose have it sized.

Trusted Contributor

Same thing happened to me with an expensive (for me) ring. I know the7 would be too small but the 8 is too big. I waited too long to decide to return it, so I guess I will wear iton my middle finger.

Esteemed Contributor

I have been struggling with ring sizing myself....so far I have bought the Shawn ring in three different sizes...9...10....and 11....none of them fit me right on any of my fingers...so now I am debating whether to send back the most current one...the 11...I sure wish they sold rings in half sizes...then I would be golden....:0)

Super Contributor

I find Q's ring sizing to be completely inconsistent. I will probably stop buying rings from them because the inconvenience of exchanging and the shipping & handling charges both ways, are annoying.

Super Contributor

On 8/24/2014 JackieBlue said:

I find Q's ring sizing to be completely inconsistent. I will probably stop buying rings from them because the inconvenience of exchanging and the shipping & handling charges both ways, are annoying.

I bought a mandrel and tested all my QVC rings. Every one of them was the size it was supposed to be. However, they fit differently depending on how wide the band is, and whether there is an under-gallery. One ring, a Seidengang, is a mystery to me because the band is not at all wide (less than 4mm); the mandrel says it's exactly a size 5 but it fits snugger than any other size 5 ring I have, even wider ones.

Honored Contributor

There is one other factor that affects a ring's fit, the under gallery, or lack of one. This rule is for something like a substantial stone or grouping of stones making the front at least a half an inch to an inch long (the direction of the finger). If there is a smooth under gallery you will take the same size as if the band were wide in the back. If there is no under gallery your skin will push into the hollow area under the stones and you should order the smaller size. Unfortunately this detail is often missing in the photos or the description of the ring. One more thing - stackers. If you plan on wearing it alone, the smaller size should be fine. If you will wear two or three, order the larger size.

hadleygirl, better to have a tight ring than have it fall off. You can always use Windex to get it off.

Trusted Contributor

Sometimes if you go down a size, it's too small and cuts into your finger.

I use Ring Snuggies with all my rings since I have bigger knuckles. I love them.

http://www.ringsnuggies.com/

I wouldn't be able to wear rings without them. I never notice them. They are a great invention!