Super Contributor

NOT AGAIN...SO SOON ??? VICENZA STYLE ITALIAN JEWELRY...

I see that again, on Thursday, September 25th, the Q is doing ANOTHER 24-hour Vicenza Jewelry show.

It seems to me that these 24-hour shows are appearing too frequently, and too close together. Do you ladies buy that much, that often ?

For me, it's another day of rest from having a reason to watch QVC for that 24-hour

period. Fine with me, I'm not addicted anyway. I'm not a fan of this type of jewelry.

Am watching some shows a little more often now if I like them as I am trying to get Christmas shopping completed.

Those of you who like this jewelry, enjoy your day. I just think they should slow it down a little as they have long shows of Vicenza Style Jewelry in regular programming anyway.

JMHO.

Have a great day. Smile

Honored Contributor

Re: NOT AGAIN...SO SOON ??? VICENZA STYLE ITALIAN JEWELRY...

If this translates into another day primarily of bronzo, crystals, fake diamonds, 'stretch' rings, clad jewelry and so on, then yes it's too soon... On the upside, it's not another computer, vacuum, blender, mattress, kitschy holiday decoration, cheap toy or total gym experience...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

On 8/21/2014 stevieb said:

If this translates into another day primarily of bronzo, crystals, fake diamonds, 'stretch' rings, clad jewelry and so on, then yes it's too soon... On the upside, it's not another computer, vacuum, blender, mattress, kitschy holiday decoration, cheap toy or total gym experience...

So with you on this! Smile ...especially on the "holiday decor!" Yikes!

Honored Contributor

At least it is not a 24 hour Christmas sellabration. Perhaps this event would be better closer to the holiday shopping season?,

I do agree too many 24 hour shows of the same category dilute the product, and they repeat the same stuff thru the day whether it be beauty, cooking or jewelry.

The programmers are having a hard time finding the balance between too little and too much, to this viewer

Respected Contributor

I looked at the line up of jewelry from the last show to see if anything caught my eye. Old styles and filled with resin?

I guess I will continue to buy from vendors who sell solid cast 14k gold that lasts a lifetime. Yes, it does still exist, and buyers are still spending money on it.

Super Contributor

You four ladies expressed all of my thoughts about this that I didn't mention in my post. They were all of the things I was thinking about though, so I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. That's why I feel it's too often, and too much of the same.

But I do so agree with you all about the points stevieb made.

It reminds me of the many Philosophy shows now. Too many, too often, always the same things. Nothing much changes, I know them by heart.

It doesn't encourage me to buy, or buy more. It actually wears me out , I get tired of seeing the products overly much, and I end up getting so turned off by it that I stop watching all of the shows and never buy anything from the line, so it's counterproductive for me.

But I suppose I'm the exception than the rule, or they wouldn't keep doing it. Obviously it's working for them.

Honored Contributor

I guess it's working from them, hopeq1, but the repetition, across all the product lines, has become rather glaring and I don't even watch very often. The redundant nature of the Q is the primary reason why... Not only is there a lack of variety of items presented within the brands they seem to feature so often, but the range of brands presented seems to have dwindled so markedly that the programming has simply become too repetitive. Simply put, it's boring.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I always watch those shows. I like them!

Respected Contributor

On 8/21/2014 hopeQ1 said:

You four ladies expressed all of my thoughts about this that I didn't mention in my post. They were all of the things I was thinking about though, so I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. That's why I feel it's too often, and too much of the same.

But I do so agree with you all about the points stevieb made.

It reminds me of the many Philosophy shows now. Too many, too often, always the same things. Nothing much changes, I know them by heart.

It doesn't encourage me to buy, or buy more. It actually wears me out , I get tired of seeing the products overly much, and I end up getting so turned off by it that I stop watching all of the shows and never buy anything from the line, so it's counterproductive for me.

But I suppose I'm the exception than the rule, or they wouldn't keep doing it. Obviously it's working for them.

You hit the nail right on the head. I never watch QVC any longer and this is why.

Esteemed Contributor

On 8/21/2014 culebra said:

I always watch those shows. I like them!

So do I, I am rebuilding my gold jewelry and I just received my flexible Omega, and a very nice status link necklace from the Klondike show. I also purchased the turquoise nugget necklace but that is on advance order. I can't wait to see what I will find. I for one am looking forward to it.