Super Contributor

This year's Klondike Gold Rush is a SLEEPER!

WOW! Is it just me?? This year's gold event is a snoozefest!!! Nothing is catching my attention like in year's past. Everything is so overpriced for what it is. Who in the world is going to purchase hollowed out gold or resin filled or silicone filled, whatever label they want to attach to this stuff. Not even the amazing, amazing LR can make this event appealing right now (OMG, she has repeated beautiful and amazing so frequently during this event it's enough to make your head spin! - Are there no other adjectives out there for her?). Nothing has caught my attention. How about you?? Buy anything? And Q seems to be showing the SAME pieces over & over all day when I've checked in.

Perhaps new blood from the jewelry buying business would be a good start for Q. David doesn't seem to bring in anything new or exciting.

Super Contributor

Re: This year's Klondike Gold Rush is a SLEEPER!

I just got into the last bit with the last presentation of the bracelet, the special value of the day, I LOVED IT, and I got it on wait-list. I forgot all about this being special gold rush day. Ack! That's a stupid thing for a gold lover to admit. But at least I didn't miss is entirely. Maybe some of these days I'll be down sort of low and the UPS guy will bring me a little something something. I loved the design of that bracelet and I don't have anything that looks like that.

Super Contributor

On 8/15/2014 ilovedaisies said:

I just got into the last bit with the last presentation of the bracelet, the special value of the day, I LOVED IT, and I got it on wait-list. I forgot all about this being special gold rush day. Ack! That's a stupid thing for a gold lover to admit. But at least I didn't miss is entirely. Maybe some of these days I'll be down sort of low and the UPS guy will bring me a little something something. I loved the design of that bracelet and I don't have anything that looks like that.

ilovedaisies I'm happy to hear you found something that you love. Hope waitlist comes through for you. In the meantime, at least you can read the reviews before yours ships out so you always perhaps have the option to cancel if you wish.

I have so many of these basic gold pieces from years past. I'm thankful I have kept everything and looking back we got a steal for our things back then. Everything was solid and not "filled" with any of this stuff from today.

Side note: just heard LR mention she likes her gold SILICONE FILLED!! I'm truly speechless! She is def. good at her job because that statement alone I'm sure made her fans run to their phones too. Unreal. What happened to her credibility? Wonder if her 18K Gold Cartier watch is silicone filled?? {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Contributor

I would never buy that Oro Nuovo stuff - and I think it's a downright deceptive product since when most people buy a piece of jewelry labeled as "14K" they assume it's ALL 14K gold, not hollowed out. Sure, consumers should read the description but I'm betting that a lot of them don't because it wouldn't occur to them that they needed to.

I usually find gold shows boring, anyway - I like the gemstone shows, although what with all the low quality "ite"-ending gems and the drusy junk shown, those aren't what they used to be.

Honored Contributor

I'm surprised it's a full 24 hours of gold. Seems like in the last few years its been just a few hours out of the 24. Am finding that anything for 24 hours is too much. Too expensive for what you get these days.

Super Contributor

On 8/15/2014 pebblebrook said:

I would never buy that Oro Nuovo stuff - and I think it's a downright deceptive product since when most people buy a piece of jewelry labeled as "14K" they assume it's ALL 14K gold, not hollowed out. Sure, consumers should read the description but I'm betting that a lot of them don't because it wouldn't occur to them that they needed to.

I usually find gold shows boring, anyway - I like the gemstone shows, although what with all the low quality "ite"-ending gems and the drusy junk shown, those aren't what they used to be.

pebblebrook, I agree with everything you said! I think it's a safe bet that most Q shoppers have no idea what kind of "gold" they're actually buying for these prices. Unreal.

And that Oro Nuovo GILI Hot Pick Rolo Bracelet J296573 is leaving me with my jaw dropped the way LR just presented it. She's touting that magnetic clasp they use is the strongest in the business. Oh My. Yep, it sure is strong…in no time flat it'll be lost from your wrist and the wearer will be out their hard earned money. Those magnetic clasps are just "Sooo Italian!!" LOL…NOT! I'd love to observe how many Italians are sporting magnetic jewelry in their wardrobes! {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Esteemed Contributor

All day long, I've turned on and turned off the show --- ur right, it's a sleeper. I'm glad that I bought my 14kt & 18kt gold jewelry years ago --- and they're still beautiful. I want "real" gold -- not filled with anything. I also prefer 18kt gold. Two weeks ago, I was wearing one of my favorite pairs of round hoops, 18kt gold, 1-1/4" that I bought several years ago from the Q. I realized that one fell off - even though I was in the house most of the day - except for taking my dog for a short walk. I'm still hoping it shows up in my house. I also own them in white gold. I realize that I"ll never be able to replace them.

Super Contributor

On 8/15/2014 wagirl said:

I'm surprised it's a full 24 hours of gold. Seems like in the last few years its been just a few hours out of the 24. Am finding that anything for 24 hours is too much. Too expensive for what you get these days.

wagirl, it is surprising it's back to 24 hours now. Lately Q has been chopping it up and just having these gold hours interspersed throughout the day. Furthermore, am having a hard time understanding how Q can manage to fill 24 hours of gold for these events but cannot fill 24 hours of Silver for the Creede & Bonanza Days. Doesn't make sense. I'm sure filling air time would be much simpler doing it with silver than gold!

Super Contributor

I went through a crazy jewelry buying phase during my 40's......now almost 60, I could just care less. I have no interest in jewelry and maybe wear earrings if anything anymore. Going to sell it all.
Trusted Contributor

I saw a couple of pieces I liked, but I'm not in the market for any new gold jewelry.