Respected Contributor

Am curious to know why people would purchase a $3000 ring w/out seeing it in person!

I just don't understand why anyone would buy a piece of jewelry at this price point without seeing it and trying it on. Personally, I would never want a center stone to be in 4 pieces- IT's obvious (it does not look like a single stone) and looks cheap and silly. I have never seen a center stone like this before. Yes, it provides more of a presence, but at what cost?

For those who have purchased Michael's items, I assume that you take them to a fine jeweler to be evaluated/appraised?

Respected Contributor

Re: Am curious to know why people would purchase a $3000 ring w/out seeing it in person!

Why do you have to understand it?

Honored Contributor

Re: Am curious to know why people would purchase a $3000 ring w/out seeing it in person!

Maybe they just fell in love with it. I am sure the fact that they can return it has a lot to do with it. 3,000 bucks is a lot of money, but if they have shopped around, and are familiar with what they are buying, why not?

Esteemed Contributor

On 8/14/2014 sparklestar said:

I bet she's Gazelle's sister.
Super Contributor

This is so unlike you...

Super Contributor

On 8/14/2014 BlingQueen022 said:

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I thought a couple of Michael Beaudry's items were very pretty.

Btw, there have been several Ripkanistas who drop thousands during one of her visits; does it matter if it's many items or one item?

Super Contributor

On 8/14/2014 BlingQueen022 said:

LOL!!!

Super Contributor

Diamonds are still the #1 gemstone in the US.

Super Contributor

On 8/14/2014 Luvmycats said:

I just don't understand why anyone would buy a piece of jewelry at this price point without seeing it and trying it on. Personally, I would never want a center stone to be in 4 pieces- IT's obvious (it does not look like a single stone) and looks cheap and silly. I have never seen a center stone like this before. Yes, it provides more of a presence, but at what cost?

For those who have purchased Michael's items, I assume that you take them to a fine jeweler to be evaluated/appraised?

====YAWN===

Honored Contributor

And no one is saying you should buy anything that goes against your grain... Others, of course, are free to do what works for them... It's a different strokes kind of thing.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...