Respected Contributor

WATCH COLLECTORS. . . AUGUST 2014

Hello all....

Time for a new Watch Collectors' thread.

Respected Contributor

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS. . . AUGUST 2014

You are so right.... I'm copying over my last posting.

Jena: I know you are in the puppy zone, so watches aren't top of your mind. But that pink mop/pink bezel 2 tone pro diver is on sale for less than $70. 621-813 The mop is really quite vibrant and beautiful.

Respected Contributor

Confession time: I purchased the PD with diamond markers in gunmetal. It's not about the diamonds, but that WoW MOP. It is truly platinum and I think just as nice as that on my Excursion. Will it wow'em in Vegas? No. But as a daily wear replacement for my Swiss Auto with black dial, I'll wear it. I don't know how much lower it will go, so . . . I went for it.

Respected Contributor

Java: enjoy your new watch. I'm going to look. Was it 628-250?

Valued Contributor

I just wanted to drop in and say hello. Due to me reading last months thread, I took a peek at the Android white ceramic skeleton with the turquoise face on sale on the Android site. It came home to me yesterday and its beautiful! Getting it sized tomorrow!

You ladies are terrible--no, great--no terrible.....no great! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Respected Contributor

On 8/1/2014 lavenderjunkie said:

Java: enjoy your new watch. I'm going to look. Was it 628-250?

Thanks.

It was. I wasn't moved either until I saw the presentation. The MOP on mine is really lovely and it's a great size. For 89 bucks, not a bad little deal. I think my "mini" submariner of the same size was only 10 dollars cheaper. DJF bought me that one.

Respected Contributor

Enjoy the Android lianne. I'm glad you were able to add it to your collection. Yes, hanging out here is dangerous to your credit cards. Smile

Java: enjoy the watch. I didn't see it at that price. I remember the presentation, and you are right, the dial is lovely.

Respected Contributor

More Invicta watches are on the way . . .

Shows kickoff tomorrow eve. The men will have a Top Value for Sunday; the women have their turn on Tuesday with something from the "Collins" collection. 627-902

That must be their take on Michael Kors. It's 38mm with resin links and Swarovski baguettes.. They do offer one in tortoiseshell, At 227 full price, it's a lot of money. Maybe it will be 30 percent off? Four different colors.

Scale

Also, watch for the intro of the Lady Zeus on poly strap. Dreadfully expensive.

Trusted Contributor

Hi ladies! Thanks for the thoughts from many of you about my cats (old & new). I think it was the easiest thing in the world to adopt a cat from a rescue (or shelter) rather than buying one. The only thing hard about it was picking just one and leaving the others behind! Of course, adjusting to having a new personality in your home that sees everything as new, exciting and something to be jumped upon or over is a bit of a challenge, but a welcome one. My apartment is an obstacle course! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

So, I finally picked up my two new watches from my mailbox and I love them! The orange Pro Diver surprised me a bit because somehow I had not realized that the edge of the bezel was gunmetal rather than the lighter silver stainless color. It's no big deal, since the top of the bezel is orange and the gunmetal is not that noticeable. It came with a black rubber strap which I doubt I will ever use. I will wear it happily in summer and winter, as soon as I get it sized.

The Android Star Halo in turquoise (silver band/case) is very nice. It feels more substantial than the gold/pink one I bought a few months ago. Of course the new one is a bit larger at 40mm vs. 37mm. The new watch case is just slightly thicker, the band is quite noticeably wider and thicker, the crystal is slightly domed and the design of the case makes it appear the band is integrated. I'm undoubtedly not explaining this correctly, but the smaller watch has a gap between case & band whereas the larger does not. All of this means the larger watch is a fair bit heavier as well. I like the more substantial look and feel of the larger watch and still think it looks feminine. Those of you who have a small wrist and don't like heavy watches may not like this one as much though. Personally, I am glad I got the larger size in turquoise/silver rather than jumping on the smaller turquoise/gold one earlier. I have the smaller version with the pink dial and that works for me because pink is so much more "girly" (and frankly out of character for me).

Trusted Contributor

BTW, I'm browsing the WoW clearance this morning and noticed that they have a few Swiss Legend Luminar white ceramic watches on sale as low as $70. I have one of these watches and I like it. It's not quite as nice a watch as the Karamica, but at less than $100, if you want a casual ceramic watch with fun, brightly colored trim, I think these are a good buy. The case is sort of big at 44mm, but the case and band are slightly thinner (flatter) than the Karamica, so IMO it doesn't feel that much bigger.

OK, that's plenty of enabling for the day. Have a good weekend ladies! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}