Honored Contributor

Speaking of Alex and Ani. . .

On the Super Saturday show they presented a swimsuit by Fit 4 U. They showed a model wearing Alex and Ani with her swimsuit lounging by the pool. She walked to the edge and put her hair up. DD is yelling, "Don't go in the water with those on! I can't believe she's going to get in!" I told her she would probably go to the edge and stand, but no, she entered the water and started swimming - sort of - with her bangles on. And they had already sold out at that point, but the video might have been filmed earlier.

Not a good idea to wear Alex and Ani while swimming! {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Super Contributor

Re: Speaking of Alex and Ani. . .

I wear them in the shower...no big deal

Honored Contributor

I have tons of alex and ani as does my grandaughter. If you have the beaded bangles or wraps that don't show much metal it might not hurt. One metal bangle bracelet, I have worn for several years. The metal coating DOES wear off. They are just metal bracelets, dipped in color (silver or gold, etc). They also rub against each other, if you wear many at a time like I do, they will show wear. I might not get them wet on purpose. Once or twice might not hurt. Chlorine would. They don't look bad a little worn as the metal underneath the coating is almost same color.

I am so excited to get the one offered today. I got the last bracelet they had. It was silver. I collect both so I was happy.

Respected Contributor

According to their website and there is also a video, one of the women state that you should take them off before going into the water. Chlorine and bangles don't mix.

I got to see the presentation which was for 1 or 2 minutes and then they sold out. Our water heater broke and I to deal with the workmen. However, perfect timing because I did snag 1 of each set.