Super Contributor

ShopHQ & Gold/ Resin Jewelry

It looks like ShopHQ is jumping on the gold-coated over resin jewelry wagon. Their line is called "Essante" and the prices seem to be more reasonable than Oro Nuovo's prices. I know how much most ladies here LOVE gold sprayed over resin so I thought I'd give you all a heads up!! None for me however!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Just an FYI -

We all have two lives. The second begins when you realize you only have one - Confucius
Honored Contributor

Re: ShopHQ & Gold/ Resin Jewelry

It's too bad. They used to be THE place to go for FINE jewelry. Those days are long gone now that they are heading into having much more costume than gold.

I don't even get the draw of the gold coated resin thing. You just know that gold coating has to be as thin as thin can get. If they are trying to sell gold, how about just having the sheeting thick enough to hold up without filling it with silicone or resin? There's a novel idea. Smiley Happy

Contributor

I'd much rather have Michael V's silver/palladium jewelry than resin-filled gold!

Super Contributor

I think as long as you know what you are buying, you like it, no big deal.
Super Contributor

On 7/24/2014 gazelle77 said: I think as long as you know what you are buying, you like it, no big deal.

Exactly!...You are my kinda girl, gazelle {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Frequent Contributor

This is a big milestone for the industry. For a few years QVC was the sole pioneer for this new technology. As a gold lover I knew it would be big when I brought my first little bracelet before it got a brand name. I put it through the mill and it looks as beautiful today as when I took it out the box. Now I have a whole bracelet collection of original QVC pieces brought before and after branding. It took me a while to figure out that they were not stand alone bracelets, but were a collection of bracelets that could be interchangeably matched with each other to create a vast variety of looks, and that careful thought had gone into each design to accommodate other bracelets in the collection. I watched its growth as Oro Nuovo become the TSV for the big gold days on QVC. As a matter of fact many of the first generation Oro Nuovo pieces have sold out, or are selling out. In terms of wearability, I prefer these to my gold collection. They make them in large sizes that can slip over my hand, in fact, large sizes seem to sell out faster than average sizes. As the price of gold goes up, we will be seeing more and more of it, and less and less of regular gold. So now there is competition in the field.
Honored Contributor

I posted comment on Shop's fb site and told them it was a huge step down for them. I got a response saying it would be referred to their buyers and planners. I've had several people 'like' my comment too. Post there if you want to let them know it's beneath them.

Trusted Contributor

I don't see any reason why they should not carry it if people want to buy it. I had a professor in college who used to say "no one ever went broke in America giving people what they want to buy."

If there is a demand for these items, and there clearly is, then who cares? Let those who want it, buy it. Let vendors who want to sell it do so. It is the American way.