Occasional Contributor

Michael Dawkins Concentrating on Home Goods?

The other day I tried to get to his online store (something I do every so often, just to see his high end stuff and drool.) To my surprise, the page had been removed entirely. I did a search and discovered it no longer exists. The only thing listed for him was this: http://michaeldawkinshome.com/

Yes, there are still listings for his jewelry, but the VAST majority take you to QVC. A handful will bring you to other sites, like Artwares: http://www.artwaresjewelry.com/dawkins.html

or eBay: http://www.ebay.com/sch/Bracelets-/50637/i.html?Brand=Michael%2520Dawkins

or The Find: http://www.thefind.com/jewelry/info-michael-dawkins-earrings

I wonder if this means he's going to gradually stop doing jewelry entirely?

Honored Contributor

Re: Michael Dawkins Concentrating on Home Goods?

It looks like he has already stopped to me. Pity, another designer bites the dust, leaving the field wide open for you know who. But, hey, sales are sales, and you have to produce.

Respected Contributor

He probably cannot compete in today's market. There is nothing Wow to his line.Many come and go...
Trusted Contributor

On 7/21/2014 SANNA said: He probably cannot compete in today's market. There is nothing Wow to his line.Many come and go...
Just ask Nate Berkus. Linens N Things to HSN to Target. Jeff Lewis and Geraldine Gorder, too.
Read it! New England Journal of Medicine—May 21, 2020
Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.
Respected Contributor

They need to eat!
Honored Contributor

The lack of replies on this thread (no one sticking up for him) makes me think his star has burned out. To be honest I have only one of his pieces, the petal bracelet bought on clearance. All that granulation just is not my thing, and the word snake is enough to keep me away from some of it. The other un-named designer I have plenty of and only quit buying that line in protest over the prices, not the styles. But QVC needs to take a chance on some other designers, just for variety. If I'm not watching, I'm not buying. My jewelry money is going elsewhere.

Honored Contributor

he hasnt burned out in my book.....i still love his pieces and purchase them when i can and when the mood strikes me.

recently posted by lisa robertson:

Wandering around the upper east side and stumbled on Michael Dawkins Home Store. I knew he did beautiful furnishings and decor, but did not realize he had a store in Manhattan. And he happened to be there on a Saturday morning! What are the chances?! #ontheroad

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Lisa is obviously personal friends with him. Perhaps she is hoping to promote the home goods line to QVC. And speaking of home goods, poor Robert Morris. He introduced his line at the height of the recession and it was doomed. And speaking of Lisa, has she ever had a bad picture of her taken?

Honored Contributor

I'd love to wander around his story. Imagine ""bumping"" into him - LOL

He made some great pieces. Maybe he wasn't willing to compromise design or material for QVC's price points...

Honored Contributor

Wasn't he an architect or a designer in the first place?

I love his jewelry and have a lot of his pieces.

I'll check out his store the next time I'm in NYC.