Super Contributor

If I never again hear the words Bronzo Italia

it will be too soon. The Bronzo pieces are taking over the Vicenza Style shows. Really it is taking over all jewelry shows. I wish the Q would get back to 14k pieces (or 18k for that matter) in the Vicenza shows.

Honored Contributor

Re: If I never again hear the words Bronzo Italia

They've ruined the 'brand'. Vicenza used to stand for 'fine Italian jewelry'. Now it just means colors of bronzo, DMQ, crystals and black spinel... none of which is 'fine' jewelry, Italian or not...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I agree -there was a time I couldn't wait to see what styles of Italian crafted silver was going to be available. These days - I'm looking more for artisan crafted and Novica sterling pieces.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Super Contributor

I miss Arte d'Argento.

Honored Contributor

On 7/8/2014 ennui1 said:

I miss Arte d'Argento.

You and me both. Some of my nicest pieces are from that line.

Honored Contributor

Another great one was this 'Newport Collection' necklace from Joe Esposito.

The man was a genius when he designed the clasp - it blends right in. J02774

Regular Contributor

They should name the show ""Bronzo Style"".
Super Contributor

They should get off their bums and try to do something better for QVC. This year the programming is going downhill faster than any I've ever seen.

Any more shows with Lisa in her gowns over at some castle is going to make me toss in the towel. Why can't any other host do the job? Someone else's perspective would be welcomed. Lisa has done it way too long.

They could just show the jewelry from PA. Going over there doesn't do a thing to make it more interesting or desirable. They just want to spend money.

Super Contributor

The last "fresh from the fair" show, David Markstein did remark that Bronzo jewelry is exclusively made for the QVC market. If that's the case, be prepared to see A LOT of IT! The actual metal is harvested from "another country" but the jewelry is made in Italy. With that said, QVC remote from Italy should enjoy a long life. I think Bronzo is here to stay until David finds something cheaper like Bronzo Nuovo, which in fact may be around the corner. I'm a gold lover from way back, but the handwriting on the wall, I'm sorry to say, is black and white.
Honored Contributor

It seems every shopping channel has their own version of bronze jewelry... This was, at least in part, their response to economic conditions and it certainly has a place but at least on QVC, it's become overkill. It can't be almost the total 'excuse' for jewelry, as they seem to be trying to make it... I can see a piece or two, but certainly don't want a whole wardrobe of it. There is room for bronzo and silver and gold and clad and resin filled and gemstones and they can even still have Dell, Dyson and Vitamix on more weekends than not, but they've been literally bombarding us with bronzo and black spinel long enough!

I don't have a problem with the remotes from Italian villas nor with Lisa doing them. What I do find somewhat odd is going to all the time and expense of doing an Italian remote and then focusing on little other than bronze jewelry embellished by fake diamonds, crystals and black spinel. Variety is essential and I'm not seeing much of it these days, particularly where jewelry is concerned.

I get that they can buy bronze cheap and sell it for a bit more than it's likely worth, but this steady diet has grown more stale than week old bread.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...