Respected Contributor

WATCH COLLECTORS. . . JULY 2014

Hello, all!

Hope you are enjoying your summer. July is here and it's time to start a new thread. If you share a love of watches, or have a watch-related question, come on in . We are avid enthusiasts here and in the process of learning. Maybe you would like to say Hi.

Welcome, all.

Respected Contributor

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS. . . JULY 2014

Hi Java, thanks for starting the new thread. Lots of emails re: watch sales this holiday weekend. Nothing that makes me want to buy, yet... {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Respected Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}You're welcome! Another crazy project, so I took a little break. Swiss legends will be part of the watch shows on shop.

You may have a boatload of ceramic watches, but one they are featuring is the 40mm ceramic Throttle with MOP. No picture up at shop. I like the shape in ceramic. The Throttle is usually 46mm. Most are in white, but there are a few black ones.

Guess the best place to check them out is on one of the SWI sites such as ewatches, wow, or the Watchery. That is if anyone is interested. At least they're not Swiss Parts. They are still using Swiss movements. Sadly, sapphire crystals seem to have been replaced.

Respected Contributor

There was a Honora black spinel bezel watch in the Lunchtime specials this morning. Nice looking watch and a great price. Don't know if it's still available, the LTS sell out fast because quantities are often low, I think.

Trusted Contributor

Hi LJ, I ended up ordering the the Honora watch with the black face for $66 plus free shipping. I see they still have some available , so if anyone is interested call CS...I've found they will honor that price when the item shows sold out during the 'special time' (which it did). Think it was originally about $150 and now it shows at $99 so $66 is a good reduction (3atm, swiss parts and made in Italy...hope I get a good one!)

Java thanks for starting the new thread. It's always fun to be back to page one.

Respected Contributor

equss: let us know how you like the watch when it arrives,

Ladies, watch shows on Shop, every night for the next few days. And Sunday is watch overdose day. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Respected Contributor

From what I hear, ValueVision has replaced management. Soon "watch overdose" days will become a thing of the past. Shareholders didn't like the Invictathons, in particular. They want to reshape shop into the image of HSN and Q. That actually would be a shame, as shop always had the better quality watches. (There were a few offer brands offered by the others, but nothing in the variety and quality that you find in shop's inventory. )

I am seeing some good deals already. They just don't have the valuepays.

Trusted Contributor

That's not good news, Java. What will we do without our Invicta presentations? Wow, an Invicta YT Angel for 95%off, at $7.06. Women's to boot. Available in SS too. Now if I just needed a watch. Smiley Wink)
Time Saver: Post item numbers. TY
Respected Contributor

Some ladies Renato watches in the clearance... Shop... 2 Beauty petites, 28mm, are very, very affordable, and one of the 40mm strap WB is also a very good buy.

Respected Contributor

On 7/2/2014 jenagal said: That's not good news, Java. What will we do without our Invicta presentations? Wow, an Invicta YT Angel for 95%off, at $7.06. Women's to boot. Available in SS too. Now if I just needed a watch. Smiley Wink)

OK, Jena, I need an item # for that one. I don't see any watches in that price range. Are you dangling a value pay price??{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}