Valued Contributor

Anyone get Colleen's tanzanite 3 stone ring?

I got mine yesterday and am not too impressed. First--the color of the stones is a LOT paler than appeared on TV. Second, one of the prongs isn't smooth--it scratches my hand and snagged a shirt I was wearing. So back it goes.

Anyone have better luck?

Valued Contributor

Re: Anyone get Colleen's tanzanite 3 stone ring?

I did, I think the stones are pretty in the one I received, however I think the silver is flimsy, cheap and too light weight. I already sent mine back, I didn't think it was anything special once I had it in my own hands.

Trusted Contributor

That's too bad, I'm sorry the ring didn't live up to expectations. If you guys get the Liquidation Channel, they usually have a tanzanite smackdown all day long frequently. You may have better luck there and the prices are much better than HSN or QVC and, most, even the cheap ones, have a full undergallery.

Valued Contributor

On 6/29/2014 FlowershopGirl said:

That's too bad, I'm sorry the ring didn't live up to expectations. If you guys get the Liquidation Channel, they usually have a tanzanite smackdown all day long frequently. You may have better luck there and the prices are much better than HSN or QVC and, most, even the cheap ones, have a full undergallery.

I'm not too enamored with tanzanite--I ordered Colleen's ring on whim.

I've gotten wonderful chrome diopside from the LC and a gorgeous 14ct. London Blue pendant. Last night I bought some turquoise. But I'm not really in the market for more jewelry at the moment.

Honored Contributor

The tanzanite stones are fine, not deep but not pale either. The zircons or whatever they are have no sparkle. Its sitting in the box, I'm thinking.

Honored Contributor

I didn't order but the ring is getting good reviews. 4 stars and 60 reviews.

Honored Contributor

Something about the color of the stones did not translate well on my screen.

Super Contributor

The stones on mine are a good color, but I'm not crazy about the setting. It's a little off and the ring itself is flimsy looking. Unsure how it'll hold up in the long run. I'm debating weather to keep it or not.........

Trusted Contributor

I have this ring. The silver is very lightweight which at first disturbed me. The color of the stones are beautiful. I have worn the ring a few times and I am okay that the silver is lightweight. It doesn't look lightweight and I am not hard on my jewlery. It is very pretty on the hand so I am keeping it.

Valued Contributor

I like mine. I wasn't surprised that the stones were lighter than on TV, I've had that experience with tanzanite from other purchases and I think the setting is nice. Have worn it and received compliments. Looks good on my hand and its comfortable.