Occasional Contributor

ISO JR pin and disappointed with JR and KJL CS

I've bought lots of JR jewelry over the years and have several pieces that broke. QVC CS didn't help me at all when I called them. I don't know why I hung onto the pieces, but I did. I heard JR talk about a warranty, so I contacted her company. Email is the only option and I got a response after two attempts and several weeks. They wanted item and order number. Boy, were they surprised that I had all my original receipts. In the end, they told me that couldn't do anything for me because the items were discontinued, but they sent me an appreciation gift. The gift was a yellow ladybug bracelet. Never saw it on QVC and it's not pretty.

I'm really disappointed in the company and KJL's. Contacted KJL CS over broken clasps and they've never bothered to respond at all. Email is the only option there also.

ISO of the JR bee pin with crystal wings that came with 10 magnetic and colored body inserts. The pin itself broke off the back of the bee. I have the receipts, box and all the pieces. It's a pin I always got compliments on and I miss pinning it on my suits. If you have it and would like to sell, I'd like to buy.

Thanks,

mob

Honored Contributor

Re: ISO JR pin and disappointed with JR and KJL CS

I had the same problem and finally, I glued the head back on with SuperGlue, and it worked! If you have no other alternative, give it a try. I'm always very careful when I change the "body"- there are actually 2 changeable bee styles. The one I'm talking about is the one with the spring design.
Honored Contributor

I guess the Q in QVC doesn't stand for quality after all.

Honored Contributor

mobnc.....your best bet for the pin you are looking for is ebay......i bought two sets of them within the past year or so and they only cost me around $10.

there are several on there now at different price points. some are buy it now and some are auctions.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I wish people would stop assuming we're all psychic .....

To the OP ----- Is ""JR"" supposed to be Judith Ripka or Joan Rivers ?

Occasional Contributor

My apologies for not writing out Joan Rivers for JR. Judith Ripka never came to mind for me. This is my first post to the QVC boards.

I'm going to try a repair myself, with Gorilla Glue or Krazy glue. It's just frustrating to hear these vendors talk about warranties, but when push comes to shove they don't stand behind the product, nor does QVC. Even a 50% product credit would be something, particularly since I have all the original receipts, etc.

Oh well, live and learn.

mob

Honored Contributor

Be sure to use a glue that is suitable for gluing metals......
Super Contributor

KJL items come with a warranty card -- you mail the item back to them with a check to cover P&H. I don't know where you think you found an email address. What kind of response did you want?

I was not aware that Joan Rivers items come with a warranty.

Honored Contributor

DH has a saying, "Expect nothing and when you receive nothing, you will not be disappointed." That's pretty much my philosophy when dealing with jewelry, whether online or at local retail. I honestly don't expect a warranty with less expensive jewelry.

Frequent Contributor

In response to the person w/broken bee pin...I have collected pins for many yrs. Only had one brake, this is how I fixed it. Buy apoxy, the kind that has 2 tubes & you mix equal parts together. This is so strong you will have no problems with it braking again. (it drys black) This didn't bother me since I was using it on the back of the pin.