Super Contributor

I find her designs getting farther and farther away from true South Western design and more into Popular/ modern design. It is becoming more and more like any other jewelry line. A bit too trendy and less traditional. It is a shame as there is already tons of lines that are trendy.

Honored Contributor

I like the fact her line is made here, supporting American jobs. I've been somewhat confused by the changing brand ID but I did buy the last TSV bypass bracelet and matching ring.

Super Contributor

CP's current line is not really meant to be SW -- that's why she's brought the American West line. I agree with depglass -- love that both of these line are made in the US and are great quality -- especially compared to other designers.

"In my life, I've loved them all . . " The Beatles
Honored Contributor

I have a couple of her Southwestern pieces, but I love her new designs also. She's one very talented lady!!!! And as mentioned, her jewelry….MADE IN THE USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Super Contributor

I was thinking the new abalone pieces look like Bixby.

All the designers are starting to look the same to me.

Valued Contributor

I personally love Carolyn's new design/direction that is not "southwest" -- all the southwest lovers can continue to purchase from her American West line. Now there is something for everyone.

I admire her creativity, the quality of her pieces and MADE IN THE USA.

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Super Contributor

So true - I think Q wanted her to go in the direction she has taken in order to join their "premier" designers - ala - Ripka, Bixby, Dawkins, etc. -- her true love is SW and thankfully she has not forgotten the collectors (like me and Jug) who love that line - at least 85% of my collection is SW - but - she has definitely drawn in the people who don't like that kind of jewelry so it makes sense - now there is something for everyone!!

Honored Contributor
Southwest style ebbs and flows. Right now it's not so trendy so she is adapting by designing pieces that have more universal appeal. I like it; if I want Indian designs, there are plenty of other places to get it. It all works together.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

Kachina - easy for you to say there are plenty of places to get SW/N.A designs lol! By me, there's not so much . . and it'll always be in style for me. I think I'd go crazy if I lived by you . . so much temptation.{#emotions_dlg.devil2}

"In my life, I've loved them all . . " The Beatles
Frequent Contributor

I'm not that crazy about her new line...I also thought the dragonfly items looked alot like BB. Not that there is anything wrong w/that..I believe you should stick w/what got you to the party...The big plus here is "made in America"..Another plus is I don't like the new direction, so I don't buy. LOL..However I really miss her beaded bracelets w/that wonderful toggle. I have several of them in my collection. I even have doubles of some.