Valued Contributor

Anyone buy from the Eternagold show Tues, 1-3 A.M.?

I'm curious. I can't stay up for the overnight shows but it looks like a bunch of new pieces were added. Any takers so far?
Super Contributor

Re: Anyone buy from the Eternagold show Tues, 1-3 A.M.?

I watched a few minutes, but not all, and I didn't order anything. (Sorry, Ted!).

Honored Contributor

I looked at the new items and wasn't impressed. His new chains are too lightweight for me, not strong enough to hold heavy pendants or much wear and tear. Otherwise, I didn't see much that was really new....pretty much just repeats of previous items.

I used to love EG but it's been a while since I bought any of it. He dumbed down a lot of it and his price per gram is much higher than competition. I found an online retailer who offers super quality gold jewelry for a lot less per gram than EG, promo codes, and free shipping.

Super Contributor

On 4/16/2014 CalmInTheHeart said:

I looked at the new items and wasn't impressed. His new chains are too lightweight for me, not strong enough to hold heavy pendants or much wear and tear. Otherwise, I didn't see much that was really new....pretty much just repeats of previous items.

I used to love EG but it's been a while since I bought any of it. He dumbed down a lot of it and his price per gram is much higher than competition.

I don't think "he" did that -- blame QVC.

Valued Contributor

On 4/16/2014 ennui1 said:

I used to love EG but it's been a while since I bought any of it. He dumbed down a lot of it and his price per gram is much higher than competition.

I don't think "he" did that -- blame QVC.

I agree, Ted Leach/Eternagold vendor/Leach and Garner president is not to blame. Ted 's customer is QVC and he provides QVC the pieces, their styles, and QVC specified weights which the buyers order from him. Blame the buyer(s). They are not providing what the customers are requesting. QVC sets the prices also.

I didn't know until the next morning that Eternagold was on. I'm sorry I didn't see the show. I am a fan of EG and wear it every day. Too bad there was only one late night show. I'm looking forward to the next visit.

Super Contributor

On 4/17/2014 CaChica said:

I didn't know until the next morning that Eternagold was on. I'm sorry I didn't see the show. I am a fan of EG and wear it every day. Too bad there was only one late night show. I'm looking forward to the next visit.

CaChica, Ted was on tonight, and will be back again tomorrow ... fyi ...

Regular Contributor

Did not enjoy the program due to the new male host but that's just me. I really think on qvc female hosts do a better job presenting jewelry than any of the male hosts. Dave James was an exception probably because of his jewelry background.
Honored Contributor

I didn't watch and so didn't buy. Over the years, I've been sort of underwhelmed by EG, though I've purchased a piece here or there, but as QVC's jewelry offerings continue to get more and more restricted, at least it's another option. Looking on-line, I might have been tempted by the gemstone ring, but don't understand what it is with QVC these days that their gemstone choices continue to be so limited and almost everything is offered in amethyst, which I don't love... I like citrine, but not in the setting offered... As for hosts, Dave was the best with jewelry and it's a shame he's gone, but I clearly prefer Alberti to the other male host they oft times have hawking jewelry. At least I'll watch Alberti, which is far more than I can say for the other one.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

On today from noon till 2 Central Time. As we get closer to Mother's Day you'll see more jewelry shows, etc.

Super Contributor

I used to love EG but it's been a while since I bought any of it. He dumbed down a lot of it and his price per gram is much higher than competition. I found an online retailer who offers super quality gold jewelry for a lot less per gram than EG, promo codes, and free shipping.

CalmInGheHeart, who is the online retailer who has the better prices? I'm looking because next month is our 40th anniversary and my husband told me to find a piece of jewelry I'd like as a remembrance, so I'd love to find someone with good prices. TIA. .