Regular Contributor

Has anyone else had major problems with NYCII jewelry by Chuck Clemency tarnishing on them just shortly after the 30 day return policy? I purchased a bracelet and it is now a piece of garbage due to the metal turning. SHOPNBC just told me basically 'tough luck' it's been over 30 days since you made the purchase. If anyone else has had this problem or knows a solution to it I would love to know. I will NOT purchase anything else from Mr. Clemency and am extremely careful about what little I do still order from SHOPHQ now. This experience has sadly spoiled Gem Week for me.

Super Contributor

Re: Gem Week on SHOPHQ Problem

I got this when it was offered as TTV, and have been enjoying it almost every day since with no problem of tarnishing:

136-089 - Gem Treasures Sterling Silver Choice of Gemstone Chevron Link Bracelet

I don't like vermeill/embrace/technibond/etc. thing so I have not bought any of Chuck or anyone's line; I like .925 silver.

Trusted Contributor

I just posted this in response to the same post you made in another thread, but here's a copy of it in case you don't see it.

I've had the same thing happen, but just to 3 pieces of rose vermeil jewelry of his. What I find odd is that I own alot of his jewelry, but it's just those three that are tarnished, and they are all rose vermeil. I store them in one of those tarnish-free jewelry cases, so you would think that it shouldn't have happened. I also have a couple of Chuck's rings where the rose vermeil has worn off on the undersides of the rings. Granted, you can't see it from above, but I know it's there, and it bothers me. I'm leery of buying any of his vermeil pieces anymore.

Regular Contributor

Showgirl, I agree it should not happen. I purchased a Morganite rose vermeil bracelet and it started to turn after only 2 months. It is now black and unwearable. The experience I had in trying to return or exchange it was horrific and strange, neither Mr. Clemency or SHOPNBC wanted to talk about it or take any responsibility for it. I was left with a worthless piece and $$$'s out of pocket. I did not know if others have had similar problems and were able to achieve better results.

Super Contributor

OMG, this is reminding me of what happened with all of my rose clad jewelry from Liquidation Channel. I had all of my rings (silver and silver with rose overlay and silver with gold overlay) in one of Colleen Lopez's ring boxes. I hadn't looked in there for a while and to my horror, all of the rose rings were tarnished. Not the gold clad or any of my silver, just the rose.

It has to be something that's happening with the rose overlay and the anti-tarnish stuff interacting.

Honored Contributor

I'm so sorry to hear about your tarnishing jewelry. I have many of Chuck's things but they're all in the silver tone with which I've had no problems. I'm even sorrier to hear that no one will do anything about it. I'd already decided to quit buying his things due to poor quality

I think Chuck and Paul buy many of the pieces they sell at Chinese trade shows. I frequently see things they've shown at other places. Last night there was a vendor with whom I wasn't familiar selling on HSN. He had a Sleeping Beauty ring & pendant that was the exact match for one Paul has sold in the past. You'll notice Paul never says who designs his jewelry...I wouldn't believe a word that comes out of his mouth.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

On 4/14/2014 susan_ca said:

I got this when it was offered as TTV, and have been enjoying it almost every day since with no problem of tarnishing:

136-089 - Gem Treasures Sterling Silver Choice of Gemstone Chevron Link Bracelet

I don't like vermeill/embrace/technibond/etc. thing so I have not bought any of Chuck or anyone's line; I like .925 silver.

I have that one too in the garnet and love it. I never had a problem with tarnishing from Chuck. I have to say I won't purchase anything else from him again. He doesn't put under galleries inmost of his rings, and I find his silver looks flimsy and cheap. He can't even come close to the quality of jewelry that Michael V shows. No more of Chuck's jewelry for me.
Honored Contributor

NYCII is just gold clad silver. I won't buy it or anyone's clad jewelry as it always tarnishes, peels, or something. This includes bronze clad, silver clad, steel clad, and mystery metal clad.

The only silver I can wear is Michael's GEVII. It's the only silver that doesn't make my skin sore and bleed.

Super Contributor

Rose gold has copper in the alloy to get the color. Copper tarnishes to beat the band.

I haven't bought any of Chuck's rose gold because I'm a white metal girl. But it sounds like his alloy isn't quite right.

Honored Contributor

I only have Chuck's silver and I've never had a problem. I would also say that his silver is NOT flimsy or cheap at all. At least none of the pieces I own are that way. I purchased a sterling "Laugh" pendant from Chuck that at one time was a TSV and then when the price clearanced even lower, I bought it. The piece is far more substantial and weighty than I thought it would be and the price was crazy good for the quality of the piece.

I will say that I do wonder about some of the designs of pieces. It's not a secret that I've been jonesing for Chuck's Gem Treasures Big Daddy black spinel hoops. One time last summer he had them for $147.00 and I missed out. Normally the cheapest they are marked down is $199.00 and they are originally $285.00.

Anyhow, I was perusing Overstock's jewelry and imagine my surprise when I came across the identical design of those big daddy earrings for just under $176.00. The only difference is the ones on Overstock are listed as 6.5 carats and Chucks are listed as 7 carats.