Contributor

Maybe it's just me but I never cared for the it. I see so many pieces that I would purchase if only they were in sterling silver or even in gold clad. Any thoughts? Do you feel like it's taking over the majority of the jewelry shows?

Respected Contributor

The only piece I own is a Bronzo / Honora pearl charm bracelet. It is absolutely lovely

and I get many compliments when I wear it. I love it!

Valued Contributor
I have one watch. I bought it to have a solid rose gold-toned watch that would last in color. So often the metal bands are just painted. Also, I periodically react to stainless steel so this helps with that, too. It's much bigger than I usually wear.
Honored Contributor

Bronzo is costume and touted as something special. I have a friend from Italy who laughs and says no one would wear it over there.

Honored Contributor

The Bronzo on the Q is actually all bronze thru and thru. SHQ and JTV offer pieces that are a bronze base with overlay in silver, or 18K.

Honored Contributor

One of the things I did yesterday during the Honora shows was to sort my own collection! I really needed help not to buy new. lol

Anyway, one of my absolute favorite pieces is a long bronze chain with large pink ringed pearls. It's stunning - and plays very well with jewelry worth many times what I paid for that.

I have all the silver I ever expect to buy - probably too much since the white metals aren't as good on me as the warmer colors are.

And real gold? I have that, too, and as someone without direct heirs (and also someone thinking about what to do with the better jewelry I already own), I'm just not buying more. The bronze I've bought so far looks great and is holding up perfectly. I'm pleased QVC makes it available - and there are hours and hours and hours of silver to watch for those who want silver. And hours and hours and hours!

More bronze please!

New Contributor

I really like the idea of a new metal in jewelry and the bronzo italia line has such pretty designs. I do not wear anything plated because all plating wears off. I don't care if it has 100 layers, it WILL wear off. So back to bronzo...I bought the G.I.L.I. heart necklace that converts to a bracelet. Love the design, bold, shiney, unique. Bought it in the white. I bought it in December and now in April, I discover it is turning copper colored! How many times have I seen the hosts show us that piece cut in two that shows the color through and through? I believed, I believed. I wanted it to be true, but the copper or bronze or whatever the metal is underneath is showing and the beautiful white metal color is gone. It wasn't inexpensive either. I've called Customer Service and they told me to return it for a full refund. But the point is, I like the design and believed what they said during the presentation. Now I am suspect of all the bronzo line and will not buy any more. How sad. From now in it will be only Sterling or stainless for me.

Super Contributor
On 4/14/2014 Kickenbooty said:

I bought the G.I.L.I. heart necklace that converts to a bracelet. Love the design, bold, shiney, unique. Bought it in the white. I bought it in December and now in April, I discover it is turning copper colored! How many times have I seen the hosts show us that piece cut in two that shows the color through and through? I believed, I believed. I wanted it to be true, but the copper or bronze or whatever the metal is underneath is showing and the beautiful white metal color is gone.

I have no idea how they make white bronze. Bronze is generally an alloy of copper and tin, and copper oxidizes like crazy.

It's a shame that the hosts just puppet whatever they are told to say.

Honored Contributor

Does it matter one way or the other? So, what if it's "taking over"? Don't like it, don't buy it. Don't like it, don't watch the jewelry shows. It's not hard. It took me a while to venture into Bronzo territory. But over time, I did purchase a ring/earrings/neckpiece, all on clearance. I don't wear those pieces often but I love them. I'm glad I have them in my jewelry wardrobe. Other retailers have their versions, even Macys but the other ones are all plated over stainless or bronze or mystery metal. I like that Bronzo is through and through and the color will not chip or wear off.

Trusted Contributor

I have many pieces from the Bronzo line and all of it looks as good as the day I bought it. On the other hand, I have several pieces of jewelry from other channels that is rose gold plated over sterling or bronze, and the rose color has worn off over time.