Respected Contributor

Simply can't believe the Ripka prices.

I get it, she $ells up a storm! But wow, hundreds of dollars for plating and CZ's???

Yes, some of her jewelery is lovely, I own the Green Goddess ring.

And the TSV is so unattractive, and hardly for spring/summer. {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Super Contributor

Re: Simply can't believe the Ripka prices.

And it's at "special event pricing" today, so it's going to be even more insanely expensive in a day or two.

Super Contributor

Some women want people to think that they have money.But when passing someone on the street or office most of us know that it is fake.My opinion being natural is always prettier.
Trusted Contributor

On 3/21/2014 olewoman said: Some women want people to think that they have money.But when passing someone on the street or office most of us know that it is fake.

Respected Contributor

I've never seen anyone in one of her pieces. When I mention her name to other women, they say "who's that."

Respected Contributor

On 3/21/2014 Oneanddone said:
On 3/21/2014 olewoman said: Some women want people to think that they have money.But when passing someone on the street or office most of us know that it is fake.

{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Q has done a brilliant marketing job of convincing us that we can buy JR @ Q OR on Madison Ave.For those who buy JR, do it because you enjoy your pieces but they are not couture -NYC- ladies who lunch- day in the Hamptons--

Honored Contributor

That seems to be a common theme running through a lot of threads, OP. I completely agree and think the Q and Judith have really gone overboard. They're pretty clearly testing limits to see exactly how much they can over-charge before even the faithful, well, are no longer the faithful. I pretty much joined the ranks of former fans some time ago. There's the occasional piece I love at a price I find reasonable, but it's rare. I'm not much of a fan of high priced fake diamonds.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I think if you like her jewelry, the ladies don't mind the prices. I bought several pieces (maybe 8 or 10) several years ago.

I don't wear them, but I like to look at them.

I wouldn't tell other people who like a designer that their prices aren't worth paying. I think it is up to the person what they buy and what they like.

Everyone is different.

Honored Contributor

I just tuned in to her show with Antonella. I don't think they are all that expensive. Especially compared with some of the other designers.

Honored Contributor

Her prices are high in my opinion. I am not a fan of her jewelry style, but watched Lisa last night at midnight with the watch. Most other "designer" vendors are the same way. As long as people buy, nothing will ever be different. I too find that most people have never heard of the majority of QVC vendors regardless of how high end we are convinced of.