Frequent Contributor

RETURN PROCESS - WHAT I FOUND OUT

For the last month I have had very, very slow returns and after multiple phone conversations about possible lost packages have found out more about the process. QVC RETURN LABEL - I bring mine to the PO or give it to the mail carrier. My PO in Florida has a service come once a week to pick up all of that type of mail. That causes a delay. Another Florida PO says the service picks up 3 times a week so I now drive to that PO instead of my own. You can also give some of those labels to UPS which is always faster. MAIL MY WAY - I send some packages back priority mail 2 day and they sometimes are processed really fast and sometimes not such as this week. The last tracking left Philadelphia on Feb 7 and was in transit until the FEb 12! I called the Eagleville PO and they said QVC has there own Zip and all packages remain on a large truck until the truck is full and then they are sent on to QVC. This time it took 5 extra days. In the meantime, I was wondering if my package was lost. Now I understand the process so I won't be that concerned about lost packages. I have many orders and returns and can thankfully say, nothing has ever been lost. I also learned UPS or Fed ex seems to be the fastest, but the QVC label has worked well also.
Super Contributor

Re: RETURN PROCESS - WHAT I FOUND OUT

Thanks, I was wondering why so long. I do like the way HSN does returns. If you use there label when it gets scraned at the Post Office HSN lets you know it's on its way back. I like that .

Honored Contributor

You would be amazed at how many things I've sent back, over and over. I haven't had anything lost.

Only once (about 3 months ago) I had something returned because the machine could not read the bar numbers. It came back to me and I resent it.

Valued Contributor

I have all of my purchases shipped UPS ground. This cost same as USPS. I now take my returns to a local shipper/box rental than also has UPS pickup. I use the return label QVC. This is the fastest process I have found.

Honored Contributor

I forgot about that. Thanks for the reminder. Someone had posted this a long time ago.

I am sending one back now. THe label says Parcel Select Service, Newgistics, INc.

Newgistics is a fullfillment company.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

I wrote this a month or so ago. All priority mail going back to QVC goes to this "holding truck" until they pick it up.

If that's the case, then the USPS should NOT accept a priority mail fee and promise priority mail service -- which is 2-3 day delivery -- when in fact the stuff is sitting in a truck or bin for a week until QVC picks it up.

Respected Contributor

I never use QVC labels. I send back packages by USPS priority. It does not cost any more. It gets to QVC much faster and I get my refund much faster.

Super Contributor

On 2/13/2014 Sammycat1 said:

I wrote this a month or so ago. All priority mail going back to QVC goes to this "holding truck" until they pick it up.

If that's the case, then the USPS should NOT accept a priority mail fee and promise priority mail service -- which is 2-3 day delivery -- when in fact the stuff is sitting in a truck or bin for a week until QVC picks it up.

I don't think the USPS is accepting any fee ... the fee goes to Newgistics, or whoever is providing QVC's return label service. It's the QVC return label that sits until the company picks it up.

Esteemed Contributor

On 2/13/2014 ennui1 said:

I don't think the USPS is accepting any fee ... the fee goes to Newgistics, or whoever is providing QVC's return label service. It's the QVC return label that sits until the company picks it up.

I understand how the Q's label works. That's not what I'm talking about.

The USPS is accepting the money I pay to ship it "priority mail." I'm not using QVC's label; I'm paying for this myself and shipping it via USPS priority mail. It arrives at the postal code indicated in 2-3 days, as it should, but then it sits in a bin/truck at the Eagleville postal hub where QVC picks it up when it gets around to it. That's unacceptable when I'm paying the fee to get it to its final destination, QVC, in 2-3 days.

I spoke directly to the postmaster who confirmed the new arrangement.

Super Contributor

On 2/13/2014 ennui1 said:

I understand how the Q's label works. That's not what I'm talking about.

The USPS is accepting the money I pay to ship it "priority mail." I'm not using QVC's label; I'm paying for this myself and shipping it via USPS priority mail. It arrives at the postal code indicated in 2-3 days, as it should, but then it sits in a bin/truck at the Eagleville postal hub where QVC picks it up when it gets around to it. That's unacceptable when I'm paying the fee to get it to its final destination, QVC, in 2-3 days.

I spoke directly to the postmaster who confirmed the new arrangement.

Oh.

Well, I don't think we can fault the USPS if QVC has arranged to pick up their mail instead of having it delivered. It sounds like a PO box; the USPS can't control when someone decides to pick up their mail.