Super Contributor

question about back in the day?

Looking at the TSV,

Does anyone remember that wonderful pearl convertible necklace JR did years ago shortly after she started at the Q? The pieces screwed in rather than clipped on. She then had an amethyst piece you could add, and - maybe some other stone…I always wished she would have brought a suite of extenders in other stone combos. Remember when she did carnelian and black pearls and hematite, etc. I think I saw some of her trademark green agate, but what I saw wasn't as pretty as a green agate necklace she did - way back when - before her foray into Diamonique.

I have been a JR fan for years, and don't want to turn into a basher. I just miss the "good old days," I must say. Ahhh…the weight, the quality, the stones, the inventiveness...

Honored Contributor

Re: question about back in the day?

I was thinking about the days of old also as I reorganized jewelry this morning. I wear my ripka stuff almost daily and truly enjoy the pieces I have. I'm just going to leave it with this comment. I rarely buy anymore, but wish those who still buy much joy with their new pieces.

Super Contributor

nicely said, phoenix…the sentiment I hoped to capture. I enjoy "playing with" my jewelry the way JR recommends too. finding new combinations, sighing over the beauty.

Super Contributor

What a lovely post, phoenixbrd! I totally agree with everything you said. I loved the items she brought when she first started on QVC before all the diamonique and gold clad.

Mirren, I too miss the good old days...