Contributor

Has Anyone Received J289538 Double Row Byzantine Bracelet From The Gold Rush?

I am curious if anyone has received J289538, double row Byzantine bracelet from the recent gold rush? I did something stupid.. I ordered it, cancelled it , decided that I really wanted this beautiful.(but pricy!) bracelet, so I reordered it. Naturally it was on wait list by the time I decided to reorder! If you have received yours, please post a description and your opinion. Also, keep your fingers crossed that QVC brings more in ( I need the 6 3/4" bracelet). Many thanks!
Contributor

Re: Has Anyone Received J289538 Double Row Byzantine Bracelet From The Gold Rush?

Mine should be coming any day now. I debated about getting it as well, but it looked so pretty. Will let know when I get it.

Contributor

Re: Has Anyone Received J289538 Double Row Byzantine Bracelet From The Gold Rush?

Hi pezhead! I received mine yesterday and wore it to work today. Lots of presence on the wrist, soft and comfortable and doesn't spin. It is not heavy and that's ok. This is the third time I have purchased a byzantine bracelet - the first two were returned but the third time is indeed the charm! One note on size - I have a 6" wrist but got the 7 1/4 for ease of using the clasp. Even though the clasp is large, I still have just enough room to hook it by myself with ease. Any shorter and I would have struggled. You will enjoy this one when you get it.
Honored Contributor

I bought 2 bracelets during the Gold Rush days. Not the byzantine one already had the 308 one they advertised earlier. The 2 I'm talking about getting I couldn't be happier with ! They're gorgeous ! very satisfied. One is on easy pay the other I'm forking out for. LOL

I quit worrying if they weighed a lb. apiece or not. Gold is gold and that's enough for me your not going to get easy pay at the local rip off jeweler and pay triple or more. Take a stroll down your local mall and you'll have a gold lesson.

Frequent Contributor

I can't help you with the bracelet, but wanted you to know I did the same 'stupid' thing. Ordered a necklace, then felt guility 'cause I didn't need it so I cancelled it. Then 5 minutes later decided I really wanted it...but it was sold out...so waitlist for me, too! (which basically means we get a return...oh well...) I've been kicking myself each day!

Contributor

Pezheadbob here.. A big thank you to those who have answered my question! Any and all comments appreciated! I never should have cancelled my original order. As one poster commented, it will probably be a return, but that is okay. Thanks again!
Respected Contributor

Word of caution on Byzantine bracelets and necklaces: the fine wires get caught on many things, coat sleeves, gloves, sweaters, etc. and over time they weaken and break. Take it from me and my jeweler who has repaired good quality Byzantines many times for me.
We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Trusted Contributor

I did not order the bracelet, but I ordered the byzantine garnet ring and it is wonderful! Even better than I expected. I also advanced ordered the 16 inch byzantine graduated necklace. It will be shipped in May I believe. This is the first time that I used easy pay.

When gold was $300 an ounce I was in college and didn't have the money so this is the first considerable gold purchase I have made and I am excited. The ring looks like an antique.

Contributor

I didn't order the Byzantine,but it looks gorgeous! Hope you love it. I have the TSV rolo bracelet on advanced order, and I'm getting nervous, the few reviews coming in aren't very favorable. Guess I'll have to wait and decide for myself...or cancel.
Honored Contributor

Please don't take anybody's word for something about jewelry. Trust your own instincts. I took a chance on a bracelet where somebody had said their's had a clasp put on backwards made me pause, but, just for a minute I ordered. Thank God I did it's perfect and the Gold Rush price was awesome! Over at HSN somebody had said a enamel skillet was horrible after I had ordered it, Best skillet I ever had and makes gravy fantastic. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}