Valued Contributor

I still want a Morganite ring!

I am still in the market for a killer morganite stone. Does anyone on here have one that they purchased from here or Shop that they could recommend to me?. I want one between 3 and 5c at the most and I would love for it to be a peachy pink in color. I found one in a jewelry store here in town and it is right at a 5c solitare. It is a beautiful peach stone but they want 2,000 for it and I want to do better price wise if I can. I am more interested in the stone itself.

Thanks

Beckyo

Super Contributor

Re: I still want a Morganite ring!

I know someone who has J281644, and it's a beautiful ring. I'm even tempted today, clearance and EZP.

Super Contributor

I purchased a 1.67 pear shaped morganite stone from JTV Jewelry TV for (get ready for this) $19.99. It is absolutely beautiful. I also purchased a 14k setting, took it to a jeweler to have set. It is absolutely stunning at a great price. The stone is absolutely magnificent!

Super Contributor

On 1/2/2014 EZ shopper said:

I purchased a 1.67 pear shaped morganite stone from JTV Jewelry TV for (get ready for this) $19.99. It is absolutely beautiful. I also purchased a 14k setting, took it to a jeweler to have set.

But how much was the setting? And the labor?

Super Contributor

The setting was very reasonable, as was the labor, at a very good jeweler. After all is said and done the total was under $500. Well worth the effort.

Super Contributor

On 1/2/2014 EZ shopper said:

The setting was very reasonable, as was the labor, at a very good jeweler. After all is said and done the total was under $500. Well worth the effort.

I just think it's a little misleading to let people think your Morganite ring was $20. Wink

Respected Contributor

What did your jeweler say about the quality of the stone?

TIA

"People with closed hearts will always feel as though they are at war with the world." ~My friend Nancy
Super Contributor

It didn't cost $20. The stone was on a clearance price of $19.99, the 14k setting was about $200 plus labor, which puts the TOTAL cost under $500. That's not misleading. If you do your research, you do not have to spend $2000.00

Frequent Contributor

JTV is a great source for loose stones and they have lots of material available for those wanting to learn about gemstones. If you get a stone you don't like you can return it too.

My "go-to" everyday stud earrings are a pair of half caret each white spinels that I set myself into a pair of 14k gold "snap-in" post settings (everything from JTV). Lots of people have complimented me on my "diamond studs", and they sure didn't cost anywhere close to retail for white spinel in 14k gold, much less diamonds! EZ shopper is right, do a little research and you can find what you are looking for!

Super Contributor

Thank you for that post Anniebear, I'm with you. If your not into instant gratification and take the time to research, your can find exactly what you want at an excellent price. I didn't do that ring overnight. It took awhile but was well worth it. Let's face it, QVC has absolutely beautiful gemstones and I would love to be able to spend $1500 to $2000 on a morganite ring, but at this time, I cannot. So a little research really pays off, don't ya think!!! I sure do. And by the way, my jeweler was stunned at the quality of the stone> It was crystal clear, nicely pink, and has a lot of sparkle.