Guaranteed Delivery
87 Members and 15134 Guests Online

Jewelry Talk

Lisa's New Cartier Watch and G.I.L.I for Bronzo Italia Five-Strand Layered Tubogas Necklace

Started 1376788332.037 in Jewelry Talk | Last reply 1377018179.713 by JavaQueen

For those of you that have been asking about Lisa's new watch, I believe it is the Cartier Balloon Bleu diamond watch -- which retails for $45,000+ in 18K. She may have mentioned it on her Facebook page, which I don't view. I know many viewers have been asking about it.

For those of you that purchased the G.I.L.I. Bronzo Italia Five-Strand Layered Tubogas Necklace, please know that it is not the same one Lisa wore prior to this one being made available to QVC shoppers. If you noticed the necklace when she wore it with a black leather top several weeks ago, that necklase had layers of what appeared to be leather and gold. Just thought it was important to note so no one is expecting the EXACT copy of what she had on. While it think this version is a good copy and beautiful, it is a bit different and may not be not quite as versatile with just the bronze color versus the multiple colors in Lisa's version. As an active shopper, full disclosure is always appreciated when making a purchase of what is being presented as a "copy".

Page 1 of 2
maximillion1376789149.93308 PostsRegistered 12/8/2008

I don't believe that Lisa ever wears the QVC copies. I would not be able to tolerate having that tubogas necklace wrapped around my neck!

TrailBlaze­r051376789157.237733 PostsRegistered 1/1/2011

I believe you are incorrect OP. I've seen Lisa's original tubogas necklace and it looks identical to the GILI version. Only difference being Lisa's is one long length (60") and she keeps wrapping it and wrapping it around her neck to achieve the 5 strand look. Both are done in Bronzo Italia. Lisa's has no leather or any other metal to it.

This host mentioned tonight during her Klondike Gold Show, that she doesn't care about labels in a watch. Thought that was such a bizarre thing for her to say as we all know she certainly DOES CARE very much about designer labels. If she didn't, she wouldn't continually be wearing her Cartier watches. Heard her say on other shows, she saves and saves and then splurges on watches that she loves. I dislike the deception. She tends to say things for the moment just to sell something that's why tonight she says she didn't care about labels while trying to push that Black Spinel Vicence Ceramic Watch on the Gold Rush show. I haven't watched this host for long but it doesn't seem like you have to to pick up on the sales spiels.

Last edited on 8/17/2013

Last edited on 8/17/2013

Career Wom­an1376789621.154 PostsRegistered 8/17/2013

TrailBlazer05... I've been told to view her Facebook page (I don't have access to Facebook) and her photo library. There is a picture of with Lisa and Chaz Dean and she is wearing the leather top with the necklace. If you enlarge the photo, you can see the necklace is different than the GILI version (this is what I've been told). Please take a look if you can access Facebook and let me know. I'm quite curious.

TrailBlaze­r051376790492.73733 PostsRegistered 1/1/2011

Career Woman, I just took a look at that photo. It's the pic where host Lisa is wearing a black leather vest and is standing sideways; her hair is pinned back on the sides with strands hanging down around her face. She is with Chaz Dean in the pic. It's just the lighting and angle of the picture that makes the necklace look different. But it's not. It's just like the GILI tubogas. Both done in Bronzo. Lisa's is just one length that's all. I'm viewing this on my 27" iMac screen. You see lots of detail. ;)

Last edited on 8/17/2013

Last edited on 8/17/2013

Career Wom­an1376791410.8334 PostsRegistered 8/17/2013

TrailBlazer05... thanks much for confirming!! :) It is a beautiful necklace on Lisa and others that will buy it. Just didn't want anyone to be disappointed and it certainly sounds like they won't.

hopi1376791798.45311049 PostsRegistered 11/26/2006
On 8/17/2013 Career Women said:

For those of you that have been asking about Lisa's new watch, I believe it is the Cartier Balloon Bleu diamond watch -- which retails for $45,000+ in 18K

{#emotions_dlg.scared}

Now that's GILI for real!

lovesrecess1376791985.84314102 PostsRegistered 7/14/2008Texas

Last edited on 8/18/2013

Last edited on 8/18/2013

lovesrecess1376792045.914102 PostsRegistered 7/14/2008Texas

I don't watch Lisa's show but I would assume her watch is a look-alike Cartier and not the real deal. She should be wearing watches sold on QVC...not sure why they don't require that but apparently Lisa is the diva of QVC and gets to do/say/wear whatever she wants. I am not into the "diva" schtick and it is bound to breed resentment from the other hosts. Am amazed that anyone cares what Lisa wears!

SUNGIRL1376792842.83233 PostsRegistered 6/27/2010
Her last Cartier watch called the Roadster was a replica, cause I asked what it was.

Luvmycats13767929694727 PostsRegistered 8/15/2007

THis is such a disgusting post-Do you have nothing better to do than to figure out (speculate) what Lisa R is wearing or how she spends her $$$- I highly doubt that she wears a $45K watch and, if she does, then I feel sorry for her because clearly her values are messed up! YOu women seriously need to worry about something a little more significant-

upsidedown- I agree w/. you!

"I am not into the "diva" schtick and it is bound to breed resentment from the other hosts.Am amazed that anyone cares what Lisa wears!"

Bobby K1376805141.181234 PostsRegistered 12/25/2010The Golden State

Lisa DOES care about labels ! Supposedly that is what the GILI line is all about....copies of her more expensive designer items from her personal closet and other designer items that that have caught her eye...clothes , jewelry and otherwise. I also heard her say that she is a watch fanatic. I've actually hear her say....about every 5 yrs she splurges on a VERY EXPENSIVE watch. In the past ...many years ago...she wore a Rolex for a very long time...then went to a Cartier about 2 yrs ago....and now this newer Cartier ??? I defineately believe that she would and probably does pay $45,000 for a watch. All she talks about is Madison Ave this and Madison Ave that. I can almost guarantee that any of her clothing and very few of her jewelry items are purchased from QVC. She is a label, designer gal ...ALL THE WAY. Don't be fooled ....Lisa acts like she can't afford expensive items...but, that is not the case. I can only imagine how much money she spends on designer clothing, handbags, shoes and virtually none of them are from QVC. But she does make really good money and she has a right to purchase whatever she thinks she can afford.

Last edited on 8/18/2013

Last edited on 8/18/2013

Kimi-Eliz1376818924.76890 PostsRegistered 9/10/2006
On 8/17/2013 Luvmycats said:

THis is such a disgusting post-Do you have nothing better to do than to figure out (speculate) what Lisa R is wearing or how she spends her $$$- I highly doubt that she wears a $45K watch and, if she does, then I feel sorry for her because clearly her values are messed up! YOu women seriously need to worry about something a little more significant-

"I am not into the "diva" schtick and it is bound to breed resentment from the other hosts.Am amazed that anyone cares what Lisa wears!"

Why are someone's "values messed up" if they spend $45,000 on a watch? If a person has the discretionary income to make such a purchase why should they be viewed as having misplaced values? Are my values "messed up" if drive a Mercedes and not a Ford? How judgemental. Shame on you.

engineer1376827792.193430 PostsRegistered 10/20/2010South Carolina
On 8/18/2013 Kimi-Eliz said:

She spends her money on what she likes. Don't we all purchase what we choose. Jill always purchases top jewelry designers, also. Hardy, Yurman Bittar and Ipollita(sp) It is there money, good for them.

Why are someone's "values messed up" if they spend $45,000 on a watch? If a person has the discretionary income to make such a purchase why should they be viewed as having misplaced values? Are my values "messed up" if drive a Mercedes and not a Ford? How judgemental. Shame on you.

colliegirls1376837103.8137150 PostsRegistered 5/13/2012
On 8/17/2013 maximillion said:

I don't believe that Lisa ever wears the QVC copies. I would not be able to tolerate having that tubogas necklace wrapped around my neck!

I would rather that necklace be a fashion jewelry piece rather than the Bronzo price. I love it, but its not that wearable and has an appearance of a large fashion jewelry piece.

ellaphant1376837500.8571612 PostsRegistered 12/13/2010

Totally agree. Unbelievable.

tdog1376838034.6372275 PostsRegistered 12/4/2007
I have the ad for that watch in one of my mags and it is fantastic! I don't blame her for wanting it! Too costly for me!

lovesrecess1376838079.91314102 PostsRegistered 7/14/2008Texas
On 8/17/2013 hopi said:

For those of you that have been asking about Lisa's new watch, I believe it is the Cartier Balloon Bleu diamond watch -- which retails for $45,000+ in 18K

<br />

<br />

{#emotions_dlg.scared}

this collection on the Cartier website sells from $5K to $12K.......not $45K....I have spent $5K for a watch before and I certainly wouldn't begrudge Lisa for spending a lot of money on a watch...she seems to think you are judged by what watch you wear....if so, she is worried about it and so she invests in expensive ones....no big deal!

lovesrecess1376838083.0714102 PostsRegistered 7/14/2008Texas
On 8/17/2013 hopi said:

<br />

<br />

{#emotions_dlg.scared}

this collection on the Cartier website sells from $5K to $12K.......not $45K....I have spent $5K for a watch before and I certainly wouldn't begrudge Lisa for spending a lot of money on a watch...she seems to think you are judged by what watch you wear....if so, she is worried about it and so she invests in expensive ones....no big deal!

Sammycat11376839841.2910063 PostsRegistered 9/30/2005

What people do with the money they earn is their business.

More than a few years ago, an article in a regional newspaper here in PA did a profile on Lisa. Yes, she bought herself a new home, and yes, she likes designer items. So what? She also bought her parents a brand-new house, debt-free, and contributes to numerous charities, among other things.

When I was single and making a very good living, I heard the kind of comments that are typical on these boards. But I was busting my *ss working 80 hours a week under intense pressure in a high-visibility job to make that money and what I did with it was no one's concern.

It's interesting that no one makes these comments about Rick, who is also likely doing very well, and his $2,000 suits, the big-bucks new wedding rings he and his wife purchased a few years ago, etc. He sells the jewelry as "status," etc., just like Lisa, and the same sniping doesn't happen to him.

3star1376840754.0031294 PostsRegistered 8/17/2012
What people do with their money is of course their own business, but flaunting it is rather offensive to quite a few people. Like I say, you are selling hamburger while chewing on a steak.

3star1376841058.1431294 PostsRegistered 8/17/2012
Also, I don't understand this whole " copying the original" mystique that is surrounding some of the hosts sales strategy. Why copy anything, it lacks imagination and maybe expertise, design something distinctive!

misschristy1376843594.041927 PostsRegistered 10/13/2007
On 8/18/2013 Sammycat1 said:

What people do with the money they earn is their business.

More than a few years ago, an article in a regional newspaper here in PA did a profile on Lisa. Yes, she bought herself a new home, and yes, she likes designer items. So what? She also bought her parents a brand-new house, debt-free, and contributes to numerous charities, among other things.

When I was single and making a very good living, I heard the kind of comments that are typical on these boards. But I was busting my *ss working 80 hours a week under intense pressure in a high-visibility job to make that money and what I did with it was no one's concern.

It's interesting that no one makes these comments about Rick, who is also likely doing very well, and his $2,000 suits, the big-bucks new wedding rings he and his wife purchased a few years ago, etc. He sells the jewelry as "status," etc., just like Lisa, and the same sniping doesn't happen to him.

I agree with you. I'm so weary of jealousy and class warfare. Lisa can buy whatever she chooses. I don't consider her to be "flaunting" it if she wears it on TV. That's what she bought it for - to enjoy and not wear only in the privacy of her home. I'm sure she is a generous person. I like Lisa and I think I'd love to be her neighbor or friend. She is self-deprecating and funny. I'm sure these hosts really work their tails off. It's not like a 9-5 job. They fill in on different shifts (not easy believe me), have to do their homework for presentations, meetings about new products, trips to view potential inventory. I think it's a tough job. I think they are entitled to enjoy the fruits of their labors. I believe some of you think they just show up for their shows and that's it.

Debbie14261376844154.3275361 PostsRegistered 9/12/2012

I believe the necklace is the same. As for the watch, good for her! It's beautiful.

Certainly not my concern and I do not judge how others spend their money...

stevieb1376852646.01331842 PostsRegistered 11/4/2007
On 8/17/2013 TrailBlazer05 said:

I believe you are incorrect OP. I've seen Lisa's original tubogas necklace and it looks identical to the GILI version. Only difference being Lisa's is one long length (60") and she keeps wrapping it and wrapping it around her neck to achieve the 5 strand look. Both are done in Bronzo Italia. Lisa's has no leather or any other metal to it.

This host mentioned tonight during her Klondike Gold Show, that she doesn't care about labels in a watch. Thought that was such a bizarre thing for her to say as we all know she certainly DOES CARE very much about designer labels. If she didn't, she wouldn't continually be wearing her Cartier watches. Heard her say on other shows, she saves and saves and then splurges on watches that she loves. I dislike the deception. She tends to say things for the moment just to sell something that's why tonight she says she didn't care about labels while trying to push that Black Spinel Vicence Ceramic Watch on the Gold Rush show. I haven't watched this host for long but it doesn't seem like you have to to pick up on the sales spiels.

Last edited on 8/17/2013

I guess I'm not seeing the deception. Saving to buy a watch one loves doesn't necessarily equate to loving that watch because of the label. Could it be that she would love the watch regardless of brand? If she's at all like me, I love nicer watches and I also love some cheap watches. I certainly don't own any multi-thousand dollar watches, but I do own some nicer watches and wear them, just as I wear the watches that cost me forty or fifty bucks.

And yes, of course, they all get paid to sell. That's what they do!

Mindy D1376856820.661359 PostsRegistered 5/23/2010
I would like to see a picture of her watch. I think Lisa is one of the most intelligent people I have seen on television. She's witty and funny and very good at her job. She is in show business and her salary is not a paltry sum. If her watch is a good copy, I would love to know where she found it. I need a watch.

Page 1 of 2