Guaranteed Delivery
35 Members and 17825 Guests Online

Jewelry Talk

JtV - has anyone purchased through this site?

Started 1371400098.71 in Jewelry Talk | Last reply 1372513099.323 by TTerri
Have you had any experience with this site? Quality of merchandise? Return policy?

Page 1 of 1
SPURT1371401868.277411 PostsRegistered 1/5/2009

Ive purchased several pieces......2 rings, 2 pendants with chain, and several earrings. These were sterling silver and I was pleasantly surprised at the nice quality, and the gemstones have good color. I've used the website to order and never had to return anything. Their shipping is more resonable and sometimes they offer promotions such as reduced shipping or free shipping too. Now they also offer a lot of loose gem stones which I'm not interested in.....I prefer my pieces already made and they have plenty of those.

Last edited on 6/16/2013

Last edited on 6/16/2013

GO SPURS GO! SAN ANTONIO SPURS 2014 NBA CHAMPIONS!

Animals are reliable, many full of love, true in their affections, predictable in their actions, grateful and loyal. Difficult standards for people to live up to.

Shelbelle1371402435.37735251 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

I have had no problems with them, give them a chance if you see something you like!!

SFGIANTSGI­RL1371403266.7773363 PostsRegistered 12/5/2008Clayton, CA

They are great. I have purchased Tanzanite and other items from them and they have been a pleasure to work with.

Deb

Flowershop­Girl1371403587.542741 PostsRegistered 3/30/2011OR

I've bought several things from them, some SS and some gold, all have been very nice. I bought my natural pink diamond ring from them in 14K and I love it and get a lot of compliments on it.

I sent one item back and they credited me right away, no problems. Receiving items is about 4 days to my house from them too.

Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog;
but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog.

Douglas Mallock

viwanton1371403798.503814 PostsRegistered 11/26/2011
On 6/16/2013 SFGIANTSGIRL said:

They are great. I have purchased Tanzanite and other items from them and they have been a pleasure to work with.

Deb

I too have bought Tanzanite (loose stones) from them a few years ago. The stones are great color and quality. Some day I'll have them set in something if the price of gold goes down some more.

dooBdoo1371405116.4918174 PostsRegistered 6/27/2010Beautiful Southeast USA

I've purchased a few rings from them, and I've been very happy with the quality and price. We have a jeweler in the family, and he agreed the quality and value were there in the pieces I bought. Their shipping and handling is reasonable. Never had to return anything, but it appears it costs less than the Q in return shipping.

My understanding is they're the largest gemstone retailer in the world, which is the reason they have a wide variety of selections.

~★ doobs

The warrior who trusts his path doesn't need to prove the other is wrong. Paulo Coelho

webappq11371406672.391587 PostsRegistered 11/12/2012

I just browsed through it

FunkySmily

VegasBusin­essWoman1371421265.683440 PostsRegistered 5/27/2013

I've purchased quite a lot from them over the past few years. I think their prices a very reasonable, as are their shippoing costs. Their gold tends to be more in the 10kt range, and they sell a lot more costume-type jewelry now than they used to, so I don't buy as much from them. They used to carry lovely pendants and earrings that were reasonably priced, but now they seem to put more emphasis on rings, which I never buy. Their stones, though, are always spectacular in any piece I have ever bought. Their delivery is VERY fast, puts their competitors to shame. I've never had to return anything.

I'd say give them a try!

Crazed4Gems1371489680.527508 PostsRegistered 1/8/2013

I find their jewelry to be a bit cookie-cutter sometimes but nonetheless, I do like JTV and I have a lot of fantastic pieces from them. Their gold pieces are usually 10KT and I'm not crazy about that but at least the gold's not filled with resin! As for the silver pieces, you really can't go wrong with their silver. The prices are amazing and the silver content is quite high. Since all they sell is Jewelry and gemstones, they have such a dynamic selection in every single category. There is no other channel that has JTV's variety. Also, they do bring in some very unusual gemstones and thanks to them I have all these crazy gemstones that I've never heard of in my collection. I'm actually wearing an Agodi tourmaline ring from them right now and it's a beauty! I would try them out. You can always return it if you don't love it! Last point - they have been having $2.99 shipping on all items lately. That's sweet too!

TTerri1371856280.553208 PostsRegistered 10/23/2006USA

JTV is truly hit-or-miss lately. I've been shopping with them for almost one year. Most items were great but I've gotten two rings that had visible inclusions in the stones and had to return them. I've also gotten some rings that were obvious customer returns as they had scratches on the band and had no tag attached to the band.

I love that almost all of their sterling silver jewelry is rhodium plated. Those that aren't are yellow or rose gold plated. Most of their solid gold is 10K. Like ShopNBC, they too sell a line of Moisonite, the lab created gemstone.

Their prices are very good and lots of the time, like today and for the past week, they've got $2.99 per item shipping. Sometimes, like one day last week, they had free shipping for the whole day. Their regular shipping is $6.99 per item, which is terrible. If you sign up for their email, you'll get discount codes in them that you can use toward a purchase. You'll get an email from them often, advertising either a new discount promotion or discounted shipping.

They use that awful UPS Mail Innovations, which delays delivery to your home by a day or two. If you don't know what that is, your packages ship out via UPS Mail Innovations and travel through UPS Mail Innovations facilities. A day or two before delivery to your home, your package is delivered to the post office where your mail usually comes in before it's delivered to your local one.

Packages include a tracking number and if you want to return something they too provide a pre-paid Smartlabel that's got return tracking numbers on it. All jewelry that I've gotten from them have been mailed in a hard cardboard envelope-type thing so your jewelry can't shift around at all.

In my experience, most orders ship within 24 hours. If you order your item early enough in the morning it might ship out the same day. I ordered a ring one week before christmas and it shipped three hours later! One semi- bad thing is that you cannot cancel orders online. You must call and cancel ASAP.

Last November they had Cyber Monday every single Monday until Christmas, which meant free shipping! Probably half of the other days during cyber monday they had discounted shipping ($2.99).

So if they've got something you're interested in please give them a try. I've been real unhappy with them lately.

New customers get free shipping for 24 hours. For any customer, get 15% off one non-sale price item (item has to be full price) by entering code DISCMGATOZ at the checkout. That offer is good until 11:59 PM Eastern June 23.

Last edited on 6/21/2013

Last edited on 6/21/2013

Scotmeg1371863692.3271151 PostsRegistered 5/4/2005
Yes several times. Great prices. Like QVC from the past.

Scotmeg1371864805.2171151 PostsRegistered 5/4/2005
Also let me just say my recent purchase was a gold necklace white topaz that I've been wearing this past month. The chain is thin and light but I sleep in it shower with it. Perfect summer necklace. If you love gemstones it's a great place to add to your collection of jewelry. I've sent two items back had no problems with them in refunding.

pickysue1371908266.47860 PostsRegistered 1/2/2010

Over the years I have bought some loose stones from them that are beautiful and will someday have them set when the time is right - all natural gemstones and beautiful at a great price.

gem lover1371910874.153895 PostsRegistered 2/12/2008Florida

I just want to thank everyone for their imput. I am definitely going to try JTV, as I saw some lovely pieces of jewelry and great prices.

LBandS1372041734.521625 PostsRegistered 5/19/2012Pacific Northwest

Last year I bought 2 rings from them. The first one I ordered they sent the wrong size and would not pay for my return shipping. The second righ had metal sharps sticking out of the setting for the main stone and the ring detroyed 2 blouses before I realized it was the ring. Once again they charged me to send it back and in both cases also did not return my original shipping charge either.

2 strikes and they are out as far as I am concerned.

It is sad because several years ago I bought quite a few nice pieces from them but they have gone down hill since then.

very fair, red hair, green eyes,
there is no order of difficulties in miracles

Unnie1372096933.46203 PostsRegistered 3/12/2013

They are a good source for pearls (!!!) and I bought 2 morganite pieces from them. I do not like their 10k gold. I never had to return something. Difficult ordering process.

FloridaPat1372098274.267350 PostsRegistered 5/3/2007

Their prices are fantastic! I have several pieces and actually returned a few and customer service is very good. I always order on .com is goes much faster and their site is user friendly. Go for it, you won't be sorry.

I recently just ordered a black spinel pendant, just a single stone much like a pearl drop, it was $19.99 and free s/h, what a steal.

I've found it to be a very reputable company.

TTerri1372179907.817208 PostsRegistered 10/23/2006USA
On 6/23/2013 annnacat said:

Last year I bought 2 rings from them. The first one I ordered they sent the wrong size and would not pay for my return shipping. The second righ had metal sharps sticking out of the setting for the main stone and the ring detroyed 2 blouses before I realized it was the ring. Once again they charged me to send it back and in both cases also did not return my original shipping charge either.

2 strikes and they are out as far as I am concerned.

I've experiened the same exact problem. I had to exchange a ring (LINK) because it had sharp things sticking up off of at least four prongs, so I exchanged it. Also, I've received two rings with defective stones. I complained about it, demanded they refund my original and return shipping, and they did. I also received a ring that their in-house jewelers set for free (sterling ring with lab created alexandrite) and the stone didn't sit right and the prongs were a mess. I returned it and they refunded my original shipping, as it was a defective ring, but they couldn't refund my return shipping because I didn't use their Smartlabel and couldn't provide a shipping receipt because I'd stamped the package myself and mailed it from my mailbox (it was only $1.95 return shipping).

I continue to shop with them because they have things I like at good prices and great discounts, like this new one, which I received in an email today:

With code DISCI75625, $15 discount will be applied to one non-sale item $75 or more in shopping cart. Cannot be combined with any other offers or discounts. Expires 6/30/2013 at 11:59pm EST. Excludes JTV Auctions, Diamond Design Gallery, Vault Signature and Heirloom Collection items, Imagination Charm Collection, Today's Best Value, Best Value Buy, Today Only Price, and Clearance Priced Items. Other exclusions may apply. One time use per customer. Valid only on JTV.com.

If you sign up for HSN's newsletter, you'll get 15% one item.

I've never ever had a problem with a defective piece of jewelry from QVC over the years including two expensive rings I've gotten lately. LINK.

Last edited on 6/25/2013

Last edited on 6/25/2013

Haca1372180915.181405 PostsRegistered 3/15/2013Virginia

I purchased a rather pricey moon stone ring made in Israel from them. It is beautiful with quality workmanship. That one was a keeper.

My last three purchases (a batch purchase) were what they consider Southwest style jewelry. The items were made in Vietnam and the Philippines. The quality was very poor and it all went back.

So you have to give it a try. Customer service is good and s/h much less than QVC.

catprincess1372183135.112365 PostsRegistered 4/9/2007Rocky Mountains

I just started purchasing from JTV-after everyone elses prices(Qvc & HSN) went through the roof! I still like ShopNBC the best! My luck is about 50-50. I have bought several rings & returned half of them just because I didn't like them. I do like their gemstones-many different cuts and new styles. I also opened a JTV credit card to get free shipping on an order. What a disaster, I have received 2 bills & I was on the phone for an hour each time trying to get someone to explain why they charged me shipping on returned items. Don't get a JTV credit card-it isn't worth the trouble. CS finally straightened everything out.

TTerri1372196531.97208 PostsRegistered 10/23/2006USA
On 6/25/2013 Haca said:

So you have to give it a try. Customer service is good and s/h much less than QVC.

Unless you're getting discounted shipping, which they've had quite a bit lately, their shipping is pretty high- $6.99 per item no matter the cost of the item.

Crazed4Gems1372509078.067508 PostsRegistered 1/8/2013
On 6/25/2013 TTerri said:
On 6/25/2013 Haca said:

Unless you're getting discounted shipping, which they've had quite a bit lately, their shipping is pretty high- $6.99 per item no matter the cost of the item.

Actually. when you purchase more than one item, the first item is $6.99 and each additional item is $3.99

TTerri1372513099.323208 PostsRegistered 10/23/2006USA

Actually. when you purchase more than one item, the first item is $6.99 and each additional item is $3.99

You're right. I didn't notice the discount when I placed an order for two items in May but I just checked my JTV order history and see the discount. They also say that if you order more than one of the same item on the same order you only pay one shipping fee.

Page 1 of 1