Super Contributor

14kt Over Solid Core of Resin? J279376

I listened to & watched the vid and nothing was mentioned about this, leading one to believe that they were all gold.

But, reading the description, it says: "These earrings were made over an inner core of resin by a process called electroforming, which creates lightweight earrings that are strong and dent-resistant.

Resin?

Electroforming?

Stamped bronze? Not 14kt.

What's up with that?

Are they really just bronze earrings with plated gold (that will eventually come off) ?

Maybe Lisa said something that's not included on the vid by item #J279376. But if I was watching t.v. and nothing was said...that's a glaring, on purpose ommission of product info and facts.

Just what do they mean by 'resin core'?

And am I right, that these are just plated bronze, basically costume jewelry, for $89 plus tax & shipping?

Re: 14kt Over Solid Core of Resin? J279376

OMG...did  you ever get a reply.  I just purchased and am thinking of returning.

Esteemed Contributor

With that description....I think I would have second thoughts about them too....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Old thread from 2 yrs ago

I wish I had read this forum before making my purchases. Now I’m beginning to realize I made a big mistake in purchasing an item that said 14K yellow gold electroformed over an inner core of resin  in the description. I too saw the video about this item and they do make the buyers think it is real solid gold. I am so upset now, and realize now that maybe this is the reason This discounted item was a return? I tried to cancel the item the same day I purchased it, but was told that the item is already processed, so I was not able to cancel? Wth? The item was still in their warehouse, and not shipped yet? So why was I not able to cancel? Then other items I purchased I made the mistake of not reading the reviews as well. And read that there were many negative things about gold jewelry being cheap material, thin, bending even broken after just a few days. Then QVC charges the buyers for their own shipping to return an item? This is so far rediculous, and I will not be buying from them again. I have purchased many pieces of jewelry from HSN, and their jewelry is so far the best. I love the quality and the prices. And have continued to buy their jewelry. I wanted to give QVC a try just to compare the two. But even before receiving any of my items I’m already disappointed in them. And am expecting a bigger disappointment. I already know I’m going to return these items when I do get them, but am going to get ripped off with the shipping. I think I will be sticking to HSN from here. 

Honored Contributor

@SharkEwrote:

Old thread from 2 yrs ago

@SharkE  It’d be so much easier for me if older threads could be cleared out....maybe after 2 yrs. Any replies to those threads are usually no longer relevant.

Honored Contributor

I would never buy anything with a resin core.  It means the item was made with resin snd dipped in gold or whatever.  In most cases, the gold is not even as thick as plated.  

15-20 years ago, was a dfifferent story.  There was still substantial gold in such pieces.  Today though, it's just a way to go cheap.  

Super Contributor

They started this nonsense when the gold prices were so high.  I would never consider buying garbage like that.  Why would you?  It has no value.