New Contributor

10K gold rings. How do they hold up over time? Share your experiences with me!

Hello all!

This relates a little bit to the thread I posted yesterday:

http://community.qvc.com/forums/jewelry-talk/topic/345001/what-kind-of-partial-refund-should-i-be-en...

The summary:

I bought a ring, I love it, love everything about it except that it was advertised as 14K gold, priced as a 14k gold ring should be priced but when I got it I see that it's 10K gold. I have contacted the seller and asked about a partial refund to make up for the difference. I'm going to take it to a jeweler to see if the stones are set securly and have him do a gold test on it and size it if it turns out to be a quality piece, even at 10k.

My only qualm is that I'm getting some feedback on other forums that 10K yellow gold is not good, will tarnish in a couple years or change color and could even turn my finger green. Keep in mind the one forum I am getting this feedback in does have some...shall we say....uppity kind of people so I'm kind of under the assumption they just sneer at 10K the second they see or hear it but really don't know much about the longevity of it from personal experience.

Share your 10K gold ring stories with me......have you had a positive experience with them? Negative? Do you wear your 10K pieces often? Do they hold up well? I so do appreciate it as this will help me determine if I want to keep the ring or not.

Thanks a million!