Labor Day Weekend Clearance
164 Members and 9094 Guests Online

Jewelry Talk

Stratify/Judy Crowell/JTV

Started 1319414124.98 in Jewelry Talk | Last reply 1319672865.03 by pistolino
replies

Who has seen the shows today w/Judy and the fashion jewelry she is showing on this channel? The jewelry is lovely and so reasonable...I do wish I would have gotten the large solitaire Smokey that she showed this morning. It was stunning...but they did not have my size. But the price was such a good value.

Take a look at the web site and review the jewelry...the pcs. are pretty and very affordable as fashion jewelry.

Enjoy!

Did any of your see the shows and what did you think of them?

Beauty is ALWAYS before age...(Dorthy Parker misquoted intentionally)
Light-golden warm skin tone (dry side), olive-green eyes, medium brunette: Dominant Color season - Warm Autumn.

Page 1 of 1
fab501319485867.86176 PostsRegistered 2/6/2006

I wish Judy was back on QVC ! I always enjoyed her as a host....professional and fun!

pistolino1319509691.1231963 PostsRegistered 7/4/2011

She's on now till midnight on JTV...

Someone I love had Alzheimer's :(

purrmom1319511334.4433399 PostsRegistered 5/27/2010Mid-MO

Before you buy too much more, google Jewelry TV re: lawsuits, customer complaints & most of the hosts being laid off. I can't believe someone as classy as Judy is working there.

BeadleB1319540096.1472 PostsRegistered 10/25/2011

I just saw Judy the other day with her Stratify product. I ordered several pieces. I have shopped with Jewelry TV for about 10 years and have never had a problem and have received good quality pieces. The gold chains have proven to be gold as advertised. And my jeweler has confirmed several of the gemstone pieces and has actually been impressed by one very expensive one. There is a trick to buying gems (loose or in jewelry) from them, though, especially diamonds. If you watch enough and know gems a little, you can tell quite a bit about the quality when they show the pieces. For example, I can spot gray or cloudy diamonds, no matter how they might talk up the quality. You also have to listen carefully. For example, the Mahaleo rubies are really very poor quality rubies that have been treated to remove impurities and filled, GREATLY reducing the value. And if you look closely at the presentations you can see that they are still quite cloudy - not like a "real" ruby should look. They do explain it, but make it sound positive. I know there was a class action suit about labradorite vs. andalusite, but I didn't care. The 2 rings I purchased were not expensive and looked enough like labradorite that it wasn't worth fussing over. If I don't like something, I just return it. Never a problem with that.

Charmed~Je­nna1319548282.1120023 PostsRegistered 3/9/2010~RipkaNistaVille~

ty 4 posting ~ {#emotions_dlg.wub}

~ Modern Classics with a Twist ~

Rachelle1319550980.7331286 PostsRegistered 9/30/2007

Seems Judy just can't find her niche. I went to see what this site was all about and I looked up the items in her show. I was very surprised to see that she would be selling this, especially since both she and Paul were so dead againist that one brand of faux gold that they were selling at HSN. I was also amazed to see that many of these items are pre-owned. Do they accept trade-ins or something?

I don't know, just didn't seem like something Judy would be selling. She should have just stayed at the Q or HSN for that matter. Her clothing line didn't make it at SHOPNBC, so now she selling costume jewelery... Hope this job works out for her.

pistolino1319672865.0171963 PostsRegistered 7/4/2011
On 10/24/2011 purrmom said:

Before you buy too much more, google Jewelry TV re: lawsuits, customer complaints & most of the hosts being laid off. I can't believe someone as classy as Judy is working there.

The lawsuit that mainly comes up is one regarding the alleged misrepresentation of laboradorite gemstones as being "natural" when they are actually treated. It's also from 2008.

JTV gives just as much info as any other channel about gemstone treatment now. I've purchased plenty from them and right now I am exclusively buying from them.

Like the poster above, I am now VERY careful about buying diamonds, mostly because I hate the charge and hassle of returning. I now will not buy anything that looks even the tiniest bit gray on TV (instead of putting it down to lighting), will not buy single cut stones, generally will not buy diamonds in silver. I will buy anything where the color and clarity are called out in the description, I will buy princess cut and will seriously consider their higher-end diamond jewelry.

I recently paid about $350 for a 1.00ctw white diamond ring in gold, invisible princess cuts. I've louped it at 60x, gorgeous diamonds, and it's being sized at my jeweler as I write this. He was impressed by the ring also and I feel like I came out the winner on that one.

And yes - you do need to look closely at the TV and any video provided on the web site because generally you can see any inclusions, dullness, clouds and other things we don't want in our jewelry. After some trial and error, I pretty much know what I'm looking for. I can't say I won't ever make another mistake and buy cloudy diamonds, but you can be sure I will return them immediately if I get any.

Someone I love had Alzheimer's :(

Page 1 of 1