Top Rated on Easy Pay
141 Members and 12723 Guests Online

Jewelry Talk

What do you wear with rose gold?

Started 1297981939.693 in Jewelry Talk | Last reply 1298349944.207 by AK in AZ

I am starting to get a really nice collection of rose gold and since I'm new to it I was wondering do you other rose gold lovers wear it just as you do yellow or white gold? Does rose gold match about anything?

Thanks so much!

:)

Page 1 of 1
Cloud71297982739.276501 PostsRegistered 12/29/2009

I used to only wear my rose gold with my Black Hills Gold. But there are some nice mixed metal designs that also work well with rose gold. Some of the designers like RLM, CP and Taxco in their mixed metals can be paired nicely with rose gold. I don't have much rose gold and wish I had bought more when it was more affordable and you could get some nice substantial pieces.

"Ensembles are endless" Cloud 7

ennui1297983229.8219957 PostsRegistered 4/17/2007

Rose gold mixes well with yellow gold. If you're asking about clothing, I like rose gold with chocolate browns.

"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things." ~ Robert Brault

Chiarina1297983495.303868 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

I don't find rose gold to be as versatile as yellow gold or white metals, but I really like it. I wear it when I'm wearing colors that remind me of autumn -- chocolate brown, light mocha, emerald, sage, olive, and bronze.

jmary1297986056.4566 PostsRegistered 2/14/2009Massachusetts

I like it with silver. A few years ago I bought a pare of earrings with rose gold and silver. Love it.

violann1297987885.2612482 PostsRegistered 12/12/2004

I love rose gold with white metals, and I have a pretty necklace that has yellow, rose, and white rings on it.

I didn't come here to argue.- Peg Bracken

lavenderju­nkie1297989879.07312955 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

In the beginning I mixed rose gold with yellow gold or tri color gold jewelry. Then I discovered how great it looks with white gold. Now I wear my rose gold mainly with white metals.

Jrose1297990803.517920 PostsRegistered 8/16/2006Virginia

I love rose gold. My first wedding ring was made with all rose gold and I got compliments constantly. Apparently, it's very rare to have a wedding ring in rose gold and most had never seen such a thing. A jewelry in my hometown (Oregon) created the ring and it was the most beautiful, unique piece of jewelry I had ever seen. I love wearing it in the Spring/Summer with whites, yellows, certain shades of green, browns, soft greys. It's particularly beautiful on tanned skin. Because I love rose gold so much, I wear it all seasons. I wore rose gold earrings on New Year's eve when I wore blue jeans and a red top. Just wear it and enjoy it no matter what you have on.

AliJoi51297991239.2772728 PostsRegistered 8/19/2009The Ocean State

Ahhhhhhhh I LOVE rose gold! I'm particularly partial to rose and white gold mixed. It's an interesting take on two-tone. Yes, I wear it with anything and everything, just as I would yellow or white. I have to say, even though I love the classic look of yellow gold of course, I'm really loving the fact that rose still gives you the warmth of yellow, but without the yellow. To me, it's very versatile. And when we want cool, we go to our white! It's nice to have a third choice though, isn't it? Enjoy that collection of yours! {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

"When I'm playful, I use the meridians of longitude and parallels of latitude for a seine, and drag the Atlantic Ocean for whales. I scratch my head with the lightning and purr myself to sleep with the thunder." ~Mark Twain

Gym Bunny1297991568.1072250 PostsRegistered 7/11/2007Washington State

I have a rose gold Michael Kors watch. I've since gotten some earrings, a bracelet and ring. I'll be looking for a necklace next. I it mixed with silver and gold depending on what I'm wearing.

Wish it, dream it. dare it, do it!

Pixie Jo1297991839.9833511 PostsRegistered 7/4/2009

Where are you buying your rose gold? That is my favorite, and I wear as I would any other color of gold... just be sure it goes with what you're wearing. I wish QVC had more rose gold to offer.

Pixie Jo

gigot1297996186.2635299 PostsRegistered 10/22/2010

Everything and anything!

Ardi21297996445.02771 PostsRegistered 10/13/2009

Rose is great fun to wear. I simply adore it textured or brushed and worn with warm colors. Also I find it rocks when worn with royal blue. Especially nice with a softy fitted dark chocolate blazer or tunic, paired up with winter white (or ivory) slacks -- add a terrific scarf with soft subtle shades of pink with warm umbers, touched with a dab of contrasting peach, and it will be hard to beat. A super-classy look if some of your pieces are 2-tone, mixing with white and/or diamonds. Rose is amazing with a luscious bronze handbag if you are looking for leathers (I put my look together and saved on the price using a big gorgeous clutch rather than full sized handbag -- just get a really good one; Kors has some wonderful options in elegant hard to find bronze). This is a great thread and I've rambled, but to make one more point, it's tough to find rosetone hardware on handbags. Designer, La Gioe di Toscana, is one that used to be known for this. She used to appear on SNBC, though now perhaps just in e-stores. A high quality clutch featuring none (using a flap-type closure) effectively solves the problem of trying to match up metals.

esmeraldag­ooch1298292176.15312008 PostsRegistered 1/7/2008Adopt a Rescue Pet, who rescues who?

I had quite a few pieces of rose gold modern and antique, but found I wasn't wearing it. One main reason? The pieces didn't match. I have rose gold from Michael Anthony line on HSN and items from QVC and Shopnbc. The shopnbc pieces were very cinnamon color and tarnished. I ended up sending them into the refinery for cash. Still looking for some Rose gold earrings to wear with my other pieces.

People are meant to be loved and things are designed to be used. The problem today is, things are being loved and people are being used. Lets change that.... G.Beck

jaguarette1298300991.821631 PostsRegistered 10/19/2007
On 2/21/2011 esmeraldagooch said:

I had quite a few pieces of rose gold modern and antique, but found I wasn't wearing it. One main reason? The pieces didn't match.

That's the trickiest thing about rose gold. I have quite a few pieces but the ones that are not part of a set end up getting neglected.

misspammie1298302572.6512348 PostsRegistered 3/14/2010now in Virginia

any years ago I got a Sweedish Rolling Ring,,,rose/yellow/white gold. from then on I felt I was set to wear whatever. Don't have much rose, but I think I'm covered if I do wear it. I think it's perfectly fine to mix all colors of gold. I say go for it.

"jus' sanwiches and milk"

manicshopp­er1298304423.282825 PostsRegistered 10/21/2009Never Never Land

Rose gold is my favorite! I is really complimentary to my skin tone (which has red and blue undertones).

I wear it with anything, but I think you find browns and reds and even purples it will go well with. I think it probably depends on how much of it you are wearing - it not a lot - it will blend with most anything.

I have some Tanzanite in Rose gold and it is fabulous!

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent"

- Eleanor Roosevelt

CalmInTheH­eart1298327034.547092 PostsRegistered 7/14/2007

I wear my RG rings and pendants with YG or WG. Today, I wore YG london blue earrings and pendant but I have a gorgeous RG london blue ring so I wore it. I also wear all rose gold with many colors....pink, brown, beige, black, lavender, blue, etc etc. I love RG!

Peace

AK in AZ1298349944.18370 PostsRegistered 7/6/2009

Smile I am fortunate enough to have some pink enamel (on gold) earrings. LOVE wearing rose-gold jewelry with those. Also mixing a lot of metal tones now. The black / hematite (?) tone is coming on big, so it's hard to keep up otherwise.

Page 1 of 1