Valued Contributor

Radio City Spring Spectacular with Isaac Mizrahi!

During the Radio City Spring Spectacular Show, Isaac Mizrahi comes on the large screen drop down talking about Fashion Week. He is really given credit for being an influential New York designer. The Rockette's are wearing one of his dresses in Spring colors/florals.

It was so funny to see NYC Rockette's pay homage to Isaac! Good for him!

Valued Contributor

Re: Radio City Spring Spectacular with Isaac Mizrahi!

Great show by the way, with lots of special effects. The Rockette's are incredible as always. Now, I am really in the mood for the nice weather to come! The costumes/sets are so beautiful. I would highly recommend this show!!

Honored Contributor

I'm surprised the Rockettes would honor Isaac this way. What's next - a tribute to Gary Goben?

Valued Contributor

It was a long scene. I had to laugh because their dresses were beautiful, but an explosion of a giant daisy in different colors. It was so much Isaac. They used clips from his Project Runway show too. His a big fish in New York!!!

Esteemed Contributor

I am from the NYC area and Isaac is popular here and an icon. He is a generous, sweet man...have known him for years.....we appreciate his charitable work and his kind and gentle spirit.
Super Contributor

It actually honors 3 designers .........

and Harvey Weinstein (Project Runway) is the person behind the promo:

http://wwd.com/eye/design/rockettes-new-york-spring-spectacular-makes-fashiony-splash-10096996/

Radio City Music Hall’s “New York Spring Spectacular,” the venue’s first spring show since 1997 that features the Rockettes and many others, wants to make a big fashion statement.

Weinstein Live Entertainment, which produces the show along with Madison Square Garden Entertainment, helped secure the involvement of Diane von Furstenberg, Zac Posen and Isaac Mizrahi to create costumes for the show’s fashion segment, a tribute to New York Fashion Week.

In the scene, female lead and Tony Award-winning actress Laura Benanti suggests that the ensemble attend a fashion show — as the stage transforms into a moving catwalk — and the 36 Rockettes strut down the runway wearing costumes designed by each of the three designers.

Von Furstenberg, Posen and Mizrahi make cameos during the scene via video voice-overs.

The production, which also stars Derek Hough, Jared Grimes and Lenny Wolpe, features additional voice work by Whoopi Goldberg, Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, Bella Thorne, Donald Trump and Martha Stewart, among others.

None of the designers are novices in creating costumes for the stage.

Von Furstenberg previously dressed the Rockettes for a performance at Vienna’s Life Ball in 2010, and Mizrahi has designed costumes for the Metropolitan Opera, the American Ballet Theater and the San Francisco Ballet, to name a few.

Posen was tapped to design costumes in 2013 for “Private Dancer,” a play based on the life of Rita Hayworth.

Honored Contributor

He seems so sweet and genuine. The best of everything to dear Isaac.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Valued Contributor

On 4/7/2015 jessa said:

It actually honors 3 designers .........

and Harvey Weinstein (Project Runway) is the person behind the promo:

http://wwd.com/eye/design/rockettes-new-york-spring-spectacular-makes-fashiony-splash-10096996/

Radio City Music Hall’s “New York Spring Spectacular,” the venue’s first spring show since 1997 that features the Rockettes and many others, wants to make a big fashion statement.

Weinstein Live Entertainment, which produces the show along with Madison Square Garden Entertainment, helped secure the involvement of Diane von Furstenberg, Zac Posen and Isaac Mizrahi to create costumes for the show’s fashion segment, a tribute to New York Fashion Week.

In the scene, female lead and Tony Award-winning actress Laura Benanti suggests that the ensemble attend a fashion show — as the stage transforms into a moving catwalk — and the 36 Rockettes strut down the runway wearing costumes designed by each of the three designers.

Von Furstenberg, Posen and Mizrahi make cameos during the scene via video voice-overs.

The production, which also stars Derek Hough, Jared Grimes and Lenny Wolpe, features additional voice work by Whoopi Goldberg, Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, Bella Thorne, Donald Trump and Martha Stewart, among others.

None of the designers are novices in creating costumes for the stage.

Von Furstenberg previously dressed the Rockettes for a performance at Vienna’s Life Ball in 2010, and Mizrahi has designed costumes for the Metropolitan Opera, the American Ballet Theater and the San Francisco Ballet, to name a few.

Posen was tapped to design costumes in 2013 for “Private Dancer,” a play based on the life of Rita Hayworth.

Yes, Donald Trump comes on and says "You're fired~" Diane Von Furstenburg and Posen were featured too, It was done so well! I just got a kick out of seeing Isaac. I know he's a NYC guy, and a Sagaponack guy too. We NYer's love the Hampton teddy bear!

Honored Contributor

On 4/7/2015 ValuSkr said:

I'm surprised the Rockettes would honor Isaac this way. What's next - a tribute to Gary Goben?

The world is so much bigger than QVC. Isaac has been a huge fashion designer and industry icon for many, many years. He is also a patron of the arts, having produced, directed and written numerous theatrical shows and earned awards for costume designs for Broadway shows. He has also narrated arts installations for the Guggenheim Museum. It's just about a little respect.

Honored Contributor

On 4/8/2015 Caaareful Shopper said:
On 4/7/2015 ValuSkr said:

The world is so much bigger than QVC. Isaac has been a huge fashion designer and industry icon for many, many years. He is also a patron of the arts, having produced, directed and written numerous theatrical shows and earned awards for costume designs for Broadway shows. He has also narrated arts installations for the Guggenheim Museum. It's just about a little respect.

So true! Smile