Occasional Contributor

Issac calling the model a giraffe - really !!

I have never initiated a discussion before but could not believe my ears tonight when Isaac called one of the models a giraffe in regards to her height. How very rude.I canceled my order immediately. The only comment worse than this was Shawn once telling women how "shameful" it was to have hair loss as she was promoting a hair growth laser product. They deserve each other and I will never watch either again. QVC should be held responsible for allowing such degrading comments to be aired.

Super Contributor

Re: Issac calling the model a giraffe - really !!

It doesn't sound like you really wanted to purchase whatever it was anyway if Isaac's comment made you cancel your order. You're only disappointing yourself. People will still order and Isaac as well as Shawn and other hosts will still continue to make their comments that "offend" certain people. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Is there anything anyone can say these days WITHOUT someone being offended?? Gee Whiz! I will never understand the way some people think. Life is too short to sweat the small stuff. Shake it off. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

P.S., I found nothing at all wrong with what Isaac said or Shawn either for that matter. Be more concerned with things that truly matter is my philosophy. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Super Contributor

That explains why his items are so short. He should say he is designing for petites and have it done with. So that I don't get a backlash from petite women here, let me clarify that I think there is a real need for petite fashions and that I support you all the way. I am just frustrated that vendors try to explain why their lengths are appropriate for all - unless you are obscenely tall (and this is anyone over 5'4").

Valued Contributor

TrailBlazer, I like your post. And now I'm curious, what were Isaac's exact words? It's not nice but shouldn't be such a big deal.....I still like his clothes, and from what I read, he is not the one designing them anyway....
Trusted Contributor

I heard his comments and thought, "here we go again" because so often, Blacks are described in terms of animals, usually unfavorably and it is offensive. In this instance, I interpreted Isaac's statement to mean that the model Linda was tall with a long and graceful neck. At least, I hope that is what he meant. Linda has modeled for Isaac for a few years and he seems to enjoy interacting with her and occasionally teasing her. That seemed to be the pattern of interaction tonight.

Super Contributor

On 3/19/2015 tough_kitty said: TrailBlazer, I like your post. And now I'm curious, what were Isaac's exact words? It's not nice but shouldn't be such a big deal.....I still like his clothes, and from what I read, he is not the one designing them anyway....

Thanks tough_kitty. I didn't hear this particular comment from Isaac, so I cannot comment on exactly what he said. I'm only going by what I read here on this thread and we all know by now the difference between what was actually said vs. what was heard Lol! Also sometimes it's not always what someone said as oppose to HOW it was said. I have no doubt Isaac meant any harm, he wants to sell his garments after all so why would he intentionally be rude?

I do not see the big hoopla over Isaac's comment IF indeed he did reference the giraffe comment.

Respected Contributor

Super Contributor

On 3/20/2015 fourpaws said:

Passed your bedtime?!

Respected Contributor

My bedtime?

Super Contributor

On 3/20/2015 fourpaws said:

My bedtime?

It was a joke, fourpaws - because the kitty looked like it was yawning. Smile