New Contributor

Issac, please stop saying "LIKE" in every sentence.

I had to turn off the show tonight. Could not listen to one more LIKE in Issac's sentences. Takes me back to YA KNOW. How annoying is that? Basically, ya know, it is a filler word.
Valued Contributor

Re: Issac, please stop saying "LIKE" in every sentence.

I have to agree. Isaac says "like" more than anyone or any teenage girl that I know of. Last week I had turned on QVC and Isaac was on. He started talking about the item and I decided to count how many times he said "like." Well, I soon lost interest (and count!) because he said "like" too many times!
Esteemed Contributor

I think it's part of his charm. He's adorable, IMO.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

If you can't stand hearing "like" in every other sentence, you won't have many people younger than 40 to talk to. . . I'd advise getting used to it! LOL!!!

Esteemed Contributor

while we are on the IM subject....does his models ALWAYS have to wear SUNGLASSES...no matter what they are presenting....they all have sunglasses on...looks ridiculous....

Yes, I changed the station...and am watching the News...at least they aren't in sunglasses...

Respected Contributor

Like, you know, as if, whatever.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Respected Contributor

I'm gonna take a guess and say your not from California? I'm from California and grew up during the height of the Valley girl days and 30 years later still say 'like' and ' oh my gawd' and ' you know'.
Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Honored Contributor

This is prevalent these says. I have been tryng to break DD from it, but it is what she hears from her peers. Also, the phrase "you guys," terrible! Since when are girls referred to as guys, so annoying. Whatever happened to just saying "you." It used to be "um," but I don't hear that as much anymore, it seems "like" has taken it's place. Proper grammar doesn't exist any longer in the younger generation, as teachers weren't taught it so cannot teach it to students, shameful for this Country's education to have fallen to such a low standard.

Honored Contributor

On 2/23/2015 hsawaknow said: I'm gonna take a guess and say your not from California? I'm from California and grew up during the height of the Valley girl days and 30 years later still say 'like' and ' oh my gawd' and ' you know'.

You must have grown up in LA, had their own language.

Respected Contributor

On 2/23/2015 twopeas said:

I think it's part of his charm. He's adorable, IMO.

Like I totally agree.{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}