Occasional Contributor

Iman? Don't Forget Your Target Roots!

{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}Isaac.... there is no question that you are ADORABLE.....and Shawn has been my favorite from the first day she was on the air.....together you are such a PLUS to QVC.......

BUT.....Please don't insult our intelligence nor our savvy regarding fashion and clothing. We want to believe you and love so many of your things.....but then sometimes it feels like you take advantage of our trust in you?!

Quit lowering the quality of your garments and raising the prices. Greed will result in failure.

We cannot and do not want to and won't continue to purchase a cheap printed block of polyester material made up into a blouse for around 75.00 once you add shipping and handling! WHAT????!!!! Stop it!

You say you care about us and that you know us......really? I think you have lost touch...

Still a fan of YOU but no longer a customer of your line. Smiley Sad

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Iman? Don't Forget Your Target Roots!

I still have pieces from his Target collection. One is a black ponte pencil skirt that I purchased for about $25. It's several years old and has held up much better than the Linea ponte I've purchased from Q. I also have a black dress from IM's Target line for about $35. It looks better than the dresses I've purchased at Talbot's. Isaac knows quality, but at times I've felt his Q pieces aren't as well made, or the fabrics aren't as nice, as some of Target pieces he did for much lower prices.
Respected Contributor

I have a black dress from his target line that has been great. I also one a pair of leather stacked heels in bronze and a pair of strappy silver leather sandals that are so nice. Now I don't want h him at all. His designs are not my style. How many sweaters,driving mocs,scarves ,bridgehampton bags,and watches can he recycle and call them new?? He acts surprised when he sees a garment as if he has never seen it before. I doubt he has most times.
Honored Contributor

Were you going to say something about iMan? She's mentioned in the thread's title.

Honored Contributor

I think she meant I-man which is what Shawn calls Isaac - the I-Man.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

On 2/10/2015 Starbucks said:

Isaac.... there is no question that you are ADORABLE.....and Shawn has been my favorite from the first day she was on the air.....together you are such a PLUS to QVC.......

BUT.....Please don't insult our intelligence nor our savvy regarding fashion and clothing. We want to believe you and love so many of your things.....but then sometimes it feels like you take advantage of our trust in you?!

Quit lowering the quality of your garments and raising the prices. Greed will result in failure.

We cannot and do not want to and won't continue to purchase a cheap printed block of polyester material made up into a blouse for around 75.00 once you add shipping and handling! WHAT????!!!! Stop it!

You say you care about us and that you know us......really? I think you have lost touch...

Still a fan of YOU but no longer a customer of your line. Smiley Sad

Does Iman have a line with QVC ?

Valued Contributor

Target was one of his stepping stones after financial failure of his first designer line/company. He split with Target when Liz Clairborne hired him to revamp their ""house."" And so on...
Super Contributor

You make EXCELLENT points!!! However, I don't think any of them forget where or when they first got started, I just think they no longer care. They have 'made' it to where they want to be. They do what they gotta do to make the sale.

When you mentioned trust in the host or vendor...that is their job. If they don't do a good job at it, they will be replaced. So many people love hosts and build emotional attachments to them through FB and social media, and that is what they want. The closer you feel to someone, the more you will trust that person, the easier it is to make the sale. Sales people need to connect to the consumer. Faith is used to sell jewelry, sad stories are used to sell jewelry, people LOVE to hear all of that because they feel connected because they too have all those same problems....and the sale is made. Those sales tactics are very common and quite successful. The scenes they paint on air... again.... trying to make that connection. But when they make it hard for us to trust them.... it's because we see through them! They aren't loyal to us... they are loyal to THEMSELVES! But without us, they wouldn't have their jobs. So... they reach deeper to make that connection.

Now add to it.... the Q gave us $3 s&h and they think we are all too thrilled with seeing ONLY a $3 s&h after we've been complaining for MONTHS about their outrageous shipping charges..... that we will never notice they HIKED UP most of their products! One case in point which is HIGHLY disturbing: that Judith Ripka princess-cut tennis bracelet. The 7 1/4 size went from $342 just a month or two ago.... to $396!!!!!! How do I know? I purchased it at the $342 price and sent it back. So when I was going through jewelry and that came up, I saw the price and thought for SURE I was mistaken thinking it was much less! I checked my records and SURE ENOUGH..... that is over $50 in two months.... on OLD merchandise??? So someone will look and see the $3 s&h charges and think they got a real deal because "finally the Q listened to us and reduced their outrageous s&h charges" and the sale is made!

So when your instincts are telling you they are taking advantage of YOUR loyalty where THEY are the ones who should be loyal to you..... believe your instincts. Bottom line is that it's always about the bottom line. Shawn is a sales person. She is not our friend. She wouldn't know us in person if she saw us. She is doing her job. She is there to sell. Isaac is a vendor. He is there to sell. But they better remember... we are the consumer and our purchases speak. We are there to buy... but ONLY if we think they are treating us well with good prices. Lately, though, with so many price increases and polyester tops selling upwards of $60... they must also think we are crazy loyal and gullible. (end of rant Wink)

Esteemed Contributor

Whenever I see this, I also immediately think of IMAN; like, I mean, she's on HSN, right?

Regular Contributor

What does this have to do with Iman? I don't get the connection between her and Isaac.