Occasional Contributor

Isaac Mizzahi or Denim and Co..??

I used to buy a lot of D and C, but the prices are going up and up and the product is going down and down. So last week I ordered my first Isaac tee shirts (A260893) 4 of them!!! I wanted to see how they were compared to D & C....I love them! the weight is very good for New England in the winter, and the colors are great! Now the bad news...I ordered 1X and the fit was great!!! Washed one to see how it would fair before I wore any of the others...I think it is now a M !!!!! washed in cold and dry on low heat for 15 mins!!!! Guess I should have read that it was 100% cotton! The sleeves are 3" shorter, the length is 5" shorted, and the shoulders are 2" smaller! How sad that I have to now pay send them back! I read the reviews and very few people seem to say that they have this issue...do I order 2x or 3x and let them shrink????? I really am sick of returning at my expense when it is the products fault...shipping prices are high on QVC as it is...even when you order more to save it is still to much...guess I have to start going to the stores!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Isaac Mizzahi or Denim and Co..??

I never ever put 100% cotton clothing in the clothes dryer. It almost always shrinks and distorts them badly. In fact, I rarely machine dry any of my clothing. It really wears them out fast. Sorry you are disappointed.

Member Since 11/20/2008
Respected Contributor

When I buy Isaac I always order a large so when it's washed it fits me. I usually only buy his sweaters. I always wash them in cold water and either hang or dry on low. Then they don't shrink as much.

Super Contributor

Since it shrunk, I would think that makes the product defective. I would mark my return slip that the product is defective. You shouldn't have to pay the return shipping on defective products.

Regular Contributor

I always buy 100% cotton tees one size larger than I need and that works for me. I wash on delicate in cold water and dry on low. I like the weight of Isaac's tees too but I find LLBeans 100% Pima cotton tees even better. I like the weight and they hold up better in the wash and they cost less, always have free shipping, and the shipping is faster than the Q.

Respected Contributor

On 1/12/2015 Hfpint said:

Since it shrunk, I would think that makes the product defective. I would mark my return slip that the product is defective. You shouldn't have to pay the return shipping on defective products.

I don't think that's right .... the product was not defective.

Esteemed Contributor

I really liked the look of this tee shirt and was tempted to buy until I saw it was 100% cotton. I would prefer that it be a blend with mostly cotton - it seems that they keep their shape better and don't shrink like all cotton does. Just my preference, but I don't buy much Isaac any more because he does use all cotton in so many of his things.

Super Contributor

On 1/12/2015 Divine said:

I never ever put 100% cotton clothing in the clothes dryer. It almost always shrinks and distorts them badly. In fact, I rarely machine dry any of my clothing. It really wears them out fast. Sorry you are disappointed.

I agree, I never throw any of my tops in the dryer. I just hand them on a hanger and let them dry. I've never had a problem with shrinkage.

Honored Contributor

I don't like 100% cotton. I need a little something that will hold the shape of whatever it is. I love cotton, just not 100%.

I have clothese that are 100% cotton. If they are important to me I send them to the cleaners because no matter what (and I do let them dry out without the help of the dryer) and I stretch, etc. them, I still don't think they look as good as when I received it.

It's just my personal opinion but I really think twice before I buy something that's 100% cotton unless it's something very casual and for summer.

At home I only like 100% cotton to wear around the house.

Esteemed Contributor

I will not wear anything that is on next to my skin unless it is 100% cotton, but will consider a 75% cotton with a 25 % blend in a robe, "IF" there is a gown underneath.

GOOD QUALITY should never shrink!!! USA made brands, if you can find any, are pre-shrunk.

Most labels will have printed on these FINER cottons- PRE-SHRUNK-.

Reference: Mizzahi's clothing.... I have not, as yet, found anything of his that would interest me; that would include his shoes and handbags, but I have not seen him as often as most here. I do not consider him as a designer for all women, especially small to medium sizes.....

*(MY OPINION).Smile

With the Denim & Co. line, I have, from 6 years ago, 2 of their [D&C] 100% button down shirt blouses that are smart looking for my shorter culotte skirts (all cotton). Denim is starting to use all of those studs and jewerly necklines, almost close to Quacker stuff.... (IN MY OPINION~

I think POLYESTER 'as' scratchy, when I hear blends. Nothing for me other than ALL COTTON in the summer. That has always been my choices so I am not changing.

Very rarely do I buy clothing from shop channels. Not my styles. Love little special boutiques that do not mass produce.

I did appreciate Stan Herman's clothing when he had all cotton, but he too went either blends or disappeared all together.

_Naes