Jackie Stafford to paraphrase, said on QVC that more substantial clothing material gives you the figure you want... and that with flimsy materials you have to work harder to get the figure you want. The host said "who knew."

REALLY, I have been saying that all my life. I need beefier materials to enhance my figure and find it very hard to find. I can't wear the 95/5 saran wrap materials, but can wear the cotton/poly with a little spandex blend if it is beefy. I usually buy 2 of everything to beef it up. So if you have a chiffon type top I buy 2 and wear them together. If it is sheer I buy 2. Why can't the designers just do this for me. I wish I was a designer my collection would include double material and ditch those throw away tanks in the 95/5 saran wrap material.

Isaac, you can make that change. Please help the design community stop using flimsy 95/5 cotton/spandex blends that do not flatter the figure. Bring back more beefier materials and bootcut pants.

What happened to stretch lace, silk and cotton? Cotton is naturally stretchy and does not need 5% spandex. Where are the classic materials that are beautiful and flatter the figure?

Honored Contributor

I don't buy a top if it is too sheer and I need to wear something under it, can't stand the whole layering thing.

Trusted Contributor
On 1/6/2015 jackthebear said:

I don't buy a top if it is too sheer and I need to wear something under it, can't stand the whole layering thing.

Seems like it's getting harder and harder to find tops that aren't sheer. I will buy items that require a cami now and then, but I prefer to wear one piece without a layer underneath.

Trusted Contributor

I wear camis under things, but I don't layer. I think it adds weight. I prefer cotton blends with modal to beefy cotton. They just don't look great on me.

Honored Contributor

L.L. BEAN PIMA COTTON!

New Contributor

I LOVE Isaac's new tunics in the rayon/span blend. They're so much more substantial than the usual rayon/span blend. They drape beautifully, they're light and the colors are nice. I'd like to see them in shorter sleeves for summer. I own about 15 of these in different colors and multiples of the 2 neutrals. Please keep them coming and restock these! Love them more than cotton, easier to layer and they wear well.

Trusted Contributor

I generally love rayon blends. They're usually substantial enough to be opague and to skim over imperfections, but very soft and drapeable. That's what I want; drapeable is key. If a fabric is thick and beefy so that it poufs out or hangs in a boxy way, it doesn't flatter -- especially if you're a larger size. Soft, drapeable fabrics and blends hang gracefully and follow the lines of the body while minimizing flaws.