Frequent Contributor

Issac knit tunic...do you put in dryer?

I just received two of these tunics and I think I will like....trying to branch out into wearing leggings...Smiley Wink but, having had a baby recently I'm a little bigger of course...so don't want these to shrink at all and cause to cling around my middle....tag says tumble dry low....I think they are rayon and spandex.....they are 3/4 sleeve v neck tunics...thanks!
Valued Contributor

Re: Issac knit tunic...do you put in dryer?

I hope someone who has these specific ones will answer. I have some Linea tops in a rayon span blend that I hang to dry. They dry quickly so that is not a problem.

I don't like to dry a lot of my clothes for a multiple reasons, pilling, shrinkage, and fading. Clothes seem to last a lot longer when I hang them to dry. Does take longer to do laundry though!

Respected Contributor

If these are the ones they showed the Monday before last, I bought two also and like them but don't want them to shrink either. I am going to hang mine to dry.

Honored Contributor

If I have any concerns about shrinking, I don't use the dryer even if the tag says you can. I hang shirts and they dry overnight.
Trusted Contributor

I don't put any tops in the dryer. They either hang to or lay flat to dry no matter what the tag says.

Honored Contributor

I dry almost anything "expensive," meaning not from the mart stores, flat. Then I fluff the wrinkles out with a wet towel for a few minutes. This goes especially for Linea, I've had some of these tops for years and years.

Frequent Contributor

Ok, I laid mine out to dry and looks pretty good!.. Gonna wear tonight!...thes e are expensive for me as well so want them to last, I think things do seem to last better when not dried. Thanks for the input!
Honored Contributor

I lay flat out to dry every top no matter what the label. I have these net dryer racks that stack up. The dryer really does over time destroy your clothing. And I avoid 100% cotton. They shrink in the washer, let alone the dryer!!

Super Contributor

When my daughter was studying in Italy, I went to visit her and discovered there were no clothes dryers in their apartments. The Italians don't like them. They air dry their clothes, but they buy much less then we do and they are expensive pieces. And they last a lot longer keeping them out of the dryer. ( of course it would be a bummer waiting for your jeans to dry)

I say when in doubt - air dry it. You can't un-shrink things.

Esteemed Contributor

I have a very low heat setting on my dryer and I put my tops in for about 10 to 15 minutes otherwise the tops come out like cardboard if air dried. I have never had a problem with shrinking, piling or anything else.