Trusted Contributor

Tuned in Late to Isaac's Show and was Surprised to See...

LR hosting his show instead of Shawn. Anyone know how that happened??

Valued Contributor

Re: Tuned in Late to Isaac's Show and was Surprised to See...

I thought it was weird too, but don't know the details. There was no special intro. But at the end, when it was time for Shawn's next show, she said something like: "Hey, IM, you hear me? Miss you!"
Esteemed Contributor

I don't think any more need be read into it other than PM Style was only 2-hours and Lisa's shift had one more hour which management chose to fill with Isaac's Monday night show.

Esteemed Contributor

Lisa said that they moved Isaac's show up one hour (to 6:00). He is usually on at 7:00, which puts him with Shawn.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Trusted Contributor

I didn't watch, but in flipping channels I saw Shawn on later in the evening. For some reason Isaac's show came on earlier last night, so Lisa covered it. Just a schedule swap, I imagine.

Regular Contributor

Perhaps Lisa wanted to work with Isaac one more time before she left?

Esteemed Contributor

Lol these threads are funny. The hosts are just like you and me. They get days off and have family obligations just like everyone else.
Valued Contributor

On 12/9/2014 poshmini said:

Perhaps Lisa wanted to work with Isaac one more time before she left?

Or vice versa.
Esteemed Contributor

I think the Q wanted to throw a 'curve' (do something unexpected) since apparently this was Lisa's last PM style. To avoid tears streaming down the PM style model's faces - they moved LR to a different set and different platform for the last hour. I thought LR looked deflated, un-interested and just going through the motions.

Re: LR and Isaac - I've never thought there was a whole lot of love between them. Isaac always seems intimidated, up tight, in LR's presence (audience with the Queen).

Honored Contributor

They've done this before... meaning cut PM Style short by an hour and then had Lisa with Issac while Shawn was on later... No idea why...

Lisa more or less was the host that worked most with Issac when he first came to QVC, prior to the pairing with Shawn and she's a very different woman than is Shawn. They clearly have a very different relationship but I think it's probably a good one.

Lisa was barely able to hold it together for PM Style and the strain was showing during the show with IM, during which her emotions were also very near the surface. It was clear neither of them could really address this being their last gig together, because she'd already come close to falling apart a time or two earlier, including at the end of PM Style when all the models gathered for a hug... Unless I miss my guess, they also cut to promos, the vendor or Courtney a few times because it seemed Lisa was about to lose it... She seems to really value her colleagues and they her, which I'm sure makes this week a real challenge. I think most of us know what the whole 'bittersweet' thing is like, excited about moving forward, but hitting a few rough patches letting go.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...