Respected Contributor

Longer dresses please!!!!!!!!!!!

I love everything Isaac, but I cannot wear his dresses. They are way too short for anyone over 35. Please, please make some really feminine dresses, that look hot, that are at least 40" (I in no way mean matronly). I love a fitted dress, that kind that skims the body (but not tight), that falls just below the knee, to wear with a high heal shoe. Want feminine, se-y (cannot print that word here for some ridiculous reason), chic.

Respected Contributor

Re: Longer dresses please!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree and add that this situation exists in a lot of styles. In a perfect world dresses and skirts would come in at least a couple of lengths, and not short and shorter.

Respected Contributor

I think dresses are just shorter in general lately. I'm only 5'1"" - I've ordered several Anne Klein dresses from Macy's lately and the petite size was about 3 inches above the knee - too short for me at age 62. Reordered the regular misses size but a petite fits better over all.

Honored Contributor

I'd absolutely love to see dresses available in Short and also Long lengths! Maybe posters here who are on FB can post this to IM and other designers. Would be nice..........

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Anyone over 35 ???? Is 35 the the new 65 now? I'd like to see all the clothing vendors offer some dresses that a little bit longer, dresses that hit at the bottom of the knee. Not because I'm 54....just because I don't have good legs.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree with having longer hemlines. I've seen some Isaac dresses and Liz Claiborne dresses that I really liked but didn't order because they were too short (above the knee). I was hoping the pendulum would start shifting the other way, toward longer hemlines; however, they keep getting a little shorter each year.

Respected Contributor

I'd like knee length as I cannot wear much of a heel. Even tho' I'm not overweight, but I don't think my knees are very attractive. Of course the length of the dress depends on the wearer, doesn't it? Might be above the knee on one, at the knee on another.

Trusted Contributor

I'm well over 35 and I'm built for shorter dresses. I would not wear a long dress that cuts me off at the legs. I'm pretty happy with what Isaac offers.

Honored Contributor

Agree...I'm tall and frequently have to pass on both dresses and pants due to the length There was a time when you had an option to lower the hem, but clothing today rarely offers this option.

Respected Contributor

I can't order most dresses for the same reason. I'm tall and even though most of my height is below the waist, the dresses are unprofessionally short. Same for some skirts. But the dresses are the worst.