Super Contributor

is it just me, or are his dresses really boxy?

I have tried and tried, Isaac has some really cute dresses, but they are all too boxy for me.

I am just wondering if I am the only one who has this experience.

I have several Liz Claiborne dresses which look great on me. I laid one Liz on top of an Isaac, and could see the difference. Liz' dresses definitely have more of a curve at the waist.

He has some really great patterns, but I think I need to stop wasting my money on return shipping.

Michele

Trusted Contributor

Re: is it just me, or are his dresses really boxy?

I have to be careful with all those dresses, some of them with their print just look like nightgowns.

Trusted Contributor

I've purchased several cute ones from Isaac. You need to size down on many of his items or they will look boxy.

Valued Contributor

That's exactly the reason I never ordered one. I know those dresses look great on slim models but I wouldn't wear one. I know the A-line style is the best for me. But I like IM's coats.
Valued Contributor

I've purchased two of his dresses. I returned both. Not flattering at all!

Esteemed Contributor

On 12/4/2014 tough_kitty said: That's exactly the reason I never ordered one. I know those dresses look great on slim models but I wouldn't wear one. I know the A-line style is the best for me. But I like IM's coats.

I really do like a lot of the items Isaac presents, but can't get a good fit in his line. I wear a 0/00, so this leads me to believe that his assistants must do a lot of pre show altering, pinning, and taping on the models garments because everything fits them so well.

I have a one of his coats which I love and wear all the time for running around doing errands, and to places like the gym (where stuffing one of my expensive coats into a tiny locker is not an option). Truth be told though it does look like I'm wearing someone else's coat.

Super Contributor

Never tried his dresses, they are all too short for my 65yr old knees.
Esteemed Contributor

I think his QVC line is cut bigger than his New York line. i have 2 of his N.Y. Sleeveless dresses which have a fitted crossover bodice and an A line skirt and they aren't boxy.