Super Contributor

I am watching Isaac this morning and maybe its just me but I am so tired of them bringing out four models , three are size 2 .. THREE.. then they have one that is a 1x ..NO I am not a size 2 or 4 or 10 or 12 but it would be so helpful if they would use models full range of sizing . not 3/4 of the models in the smallest size available.. yet Isaac is saying I design for all women.. THEN SHOW IT ISAAC.. for pete's sake.. its not fair to the rest of us.. I am hoping you will consider the use of certain models in more size ranges.. when you show an item .. thank u

Respected Contributor
Totally agree with you Chatypaty too many s and xs models showing the same item get with what online shoppers need QVC a selection of sizes please.
Trusted Contributor

I totally agree with you. They should have a variety and they only have one model that they refer to as the average woman. There should definitely be more so that people can relate.

Honored Contributor

I agree! Once I actually saw in (one of the videos....don't remember which one) a large sized petite model (not a plus but she had on a large). I was shocked! Couldn't believe it and wish they offered more visuals with models who aren't all so tall & thin.

It helps to determine if something will look good on me or not.

Trusted Contributor
On 8/18/2014 haddon9 said:

I agree! Once I actually saw in (one of the videos....don't remember which one) a large sized petite model (not a plus but she had on a large). I was shocked! Couldn't believe it and wish they offered more visuals with models who aren't all so tall & thin.

That's why they're NOT using more plus size models! Many viewers are (as you said) shocked when they see clothing on a real full-figured and/or short woman. Tummy rolls? Bulges? Chubby knees? Full, low bustline? Large, soft upper arms? Who wants to see that? They sell more if viewers are seeing the garments on tall, slim women and hoping they'll look similar in the clothing. For the same reason, most plus size catalogs and websites show their clothing on slim or at least well-proportioned models. Sales and advertising aren't usually about stark reality; their goal is to make us feel things will be better for us if we buy.

Honored Contributor

Yes it would be more helpful to the rest of us if the designers would use regular sized models to show the clothes, but that is not going to happen. If you notice the clothes do not even fit the models the right way, pants and sleeves on the the 5ft. 10 models are too short. With QVC I think if you just follow the garment measurements given on line you can get a pretty good fit.

Respected Contributor

I think they have the multiple models in the same size to show different styling of the garment. I do wish they would have more varied sized models though and that's been something we've been asking for for a very long time.

As far as the larger or plus sized models, I do know they are down one model because Iris broke her foot! She won't be on for at least a few weeks.

Honored Contributor
On 8/18/2014 GoodStuff said:
On 8/18/2014 haddon9 said:

That's why they're NOT using more plus size models! Many viewers are (as you said) shocked when they see clothing on a real full-figured and/or short woman. Tummy rolls? Bulges? Chubby knees? Full, low bustline? Large, soft upper arms? Who wants to see that? They sell more if viewers are seeing the garments on tall, slim women and hoping they'll look similar in the clothing. For the same reason, most plus size catalogs and websites show their clothing on slim or at least well-proportioned models. Sales and advertising aren't usually about stark reality; their goal is to make us feel things will be better for us if we buy.

Exactly. Nearly all runway models are super thin. And very tall. The taller you are, the more quickly they see you. The thinner you are, the more you see the garment. Like a walking hanger. That's the way you are supposed to see clothing during runway shows. You want to see the clothes this way before you buy.

Honored Contributor
On 8/18/2014 Chatypaty said:

I am watching Isaac this morning and maybe its just me but I am so tired of them bringing out four models , three are size 2 .. THREE.. then they have one that is a 1x ..NO I am not a size 2 or 4 or 10 or 12 but it would be so helpful if they would use models full range of sizing . not 3/4 of the models in the smallest size available.. yet Isaac is saying I design for all women.. THEN SHOW IT ISAAC.. for pete's sake.. its not fair to the rest of us.. I am hoping you will consider the use of certain models in more size ranges.. when you show an item .. thank u

So if they have at least one model that's small and one that's large, what is the problem? What size are you? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Esteemed Contributor

QVC frequently has a size medium model in the mix (Carrie on PM Style, the older models Maria and Mary on other shows). They've even added the 5'2" model to D&C.