Super Contributor

Question concerning a ceramic watch from Isaac

I'm hoping someone on here can help me. I have the white watch, the first one he came out with. Had only been wearing it a couple of months when it started losing five minutes in ninety minutes.

Then a few days later, I came across a post that you can't wear a magnetic clasp bracelet next to your watch because it will magnetize it. Well, that's exactly what I'd done for a few days.

My question is, did that just ruin the battery, or the works of the watch? Since these watches have to be sent in, I would do that if it's only the battery that was ruined, but not if I ruined the watch.

Thanks for any replies. I appreciate your time. Kiss

Honored Contributor

Re: Question concerning a ceramic watch from Isaac

I'm hoping someone has an answer for you. I'd think just the battery would be affected by the magnet, but what do I really know! I didn't even know my watch would have to sent somewhere for service. How did I miss that!

Honored Contributor

I do have some of his ceramic watches and sorry to tell you, I can't give you information. However, good to know not to wear a watch with magnetized bracelets.

A watchmaker might be able to advise you as to where the damage may have occurred.

Where do you take your watches to have the batteries replaced? HTH

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

You should call a place that repairs watches with that question. Logically, I would assume that only the battery would be affected. It's a good question. I have Isaac's original ceramic watches in white and black but I don't wear bracelets next to my watches.

Super Contributor

It's only the ceramic watches with the ceramic backs that have to be sent in. I have a couple with stainless steel backs that can be changed by a jeweler.

Thanks again everyone, for your input. I think I'll call my jeweler. He might even be able to take the ceramic back off to change the bettery. Funny I never thought of that! Duh!

Super Contributor

Sorry, lovestoteach, I forgot to answer your question. I usually take my watches a block up the street to a department store. Someone behind the jewelry counter changes my batteries for the price of the battery. I don't think I'd ask her to work on a ceramic watch though.

Honored Contributor

I have an expensive Phillip Stein watch. I put it in a jewelry container. When I next picked it up, I noticed both dials (it's dual dialed) were off by over an hour. I did a search and discovered the watch had been right up against a bracelet with an unusually strong magnet. I merely reset the watch and it has been fine ever since. Is your watch not working now? You don't say. If no, get the battery replaced and see if it works. If the workings of the watch are ruined, replacing them would be expensive and not what you'd want to do with an inexpensive watch.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment