Super Contributor
What is he thinking?
Esteemed Contributor
That's his thing.....
Super Contributor
On 5/19/2014 Goldengate8361 said: That's his thing.....
Obviously.....
Occasional Contributor

I like a lot of his clothes, but I agree, enough floral and cardigans. If the floral was toned down a bit, I would wear them but they are so loud for me.

Honored Contributor

I like the florals in his scarves best, like this one: A254160

Isaac Mizrahi Live! 28x72 Watteau Rose Printed Scarf

Honored Contributor

the large scale florals look best in small amounts like scarves....on cardigans they look like grandma's draperies...

Valued Contributor
A part of his following love floral and cardigans...myself included. Every designer is known for specialties and those 2 things are at his heart. No one does them better. If you like his clothes just look for other designs.
Trusted Contributor

He is pretty heavy on the florals, and this is coming from someone who has always liked florals.

I think, with florals, you either like them or you don't. If you do, you think you're looking like something out of a beautiful Ralph Lauren country ad, and if you don't, you think they're like grandma's draperies.

I happen to love them, and actually, being a sewer, I've used drapery floral on occasion to make a clothing item, but that's just me.

I will admit that now that I'm older I wear them less, and when I do, it's not head to toe, but just a touch. I can see that it's just a better look, and I tend to wear solids most of the time.

I'll never give up florals, though, so I'm happy to see them around.

Super Contributor
Love his florals. I hope he always has a piece or two in his collection
Regular Contributor

I.M. also offers animal and other motifs-- tile, snake, but yes the floral is his bread and butter. I love his snake cardi, and animal cardi, While I own a couple of floral Tees and tunics, I do admire the other floral prints he does, they are beautiful, just not my cup of tea.