Valued Contributor

Isaac's sweaters...do they shrink?

I bought 2 of Isaac's sweaters. One says to machine wash and the other says to hand wash. They both are 100 % cotton. I wonder why the difference? His semi fitted small fits me but it if shrinks at all, it will be too snug. Anyone have experience with washing his sweaters? A 233204 brushstroke floral in particular?

Honored Contributor

Re: Isaac's sweaters...do they shrink?

I machine wash them in mesh bags - cool water - and lie flat to dry.

They don't seem to change size at all.

I think they are very well made for the price point.

Valued Contributor

I usually don't wash them often. With wearing shirts on underneath and taking them off when I get home, they stay very clean. So mine have only been washed a couple times. Always on delicate, cold and dry flat. No matter what the tag says. Often the difference can be the texture or design of the cotton, when what kind of 100% cotton...cotton isn't equal.
Honored Contributor

I have a very short wash cycle. I sit near my washer, wait until washed/spin, then remove promptly and air dry flat over a towel on the top of a wooden drying rack. Nothing ever shrinks. (Always cold water, of course.)

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Super Contributor

I HAVE WASHED MINE IN NET BAGs and laid them flat to dry with no problems. I hope you are just as lucky.

Respected Contributor

No shrinkage for me!

Esteemed Contributor

No shrinkage for me either and I wash them inside out, the colors stay vibrant and beautiful too.