Trusted Contributor

Love Isaac, but the presentations.....

I think Shawn and Isaac are warm, wonderful people. Isaac is so talented. I just think that the frenetic fast talking about a million things, including comparisons of what the garment reminds them of need to be taken down a notch. I need to hear about what colors are in a print, what the background color really looks like in person, length, sizing, all the details that are important.

I don't want to hear about how it reminds them of this country or that, or standing at a café in Morocco or whatever. There is nothing wrong with the comments, but there isn't enough time in a presentation to do both. I think the important thing is to describe the item in detail. I'm not bashing anyone. But from a buyers standpoint, sometimes I just decide to say "no" because I'm in doubt about some aspect.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Love Isaac, but the presentations.....

I agree with you. It adds nothing to the presentation and I don't need to hear that I can wear it to dinner, to the movies, to the restaurant when I'm cold, to a wedding and so on. I am intelligent enough to figure out where to wear a garment, just give me the details about the actual garment!
Contributor

I have purchased some of Isaac's sweaters and love them. I don't care for the way Shawn and Isaac think everything can go together. I find myself saying to the TV, "Are you serious? That looks like something a four year old would put together." Floral dress with a different patterned sweater and different floral print handbag. I like so many of his things.....just not all together. (This is not intended to be a put down to those who like their suggestions. Just my interpretation.) {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Super Contributor

That is actually what I love about watching their presentations. I love it when they paint a picture, because they get so silly and fun.

Valued Contributor

So I guess their job is now to amuse and entertain us.
I can watch the comedy channel for comedy.

That's how we roll in the shire..
Valued Contributor

I think there is plenty of time in a presentation to show colors, describe sizing, and also show how it can be styled. I don't always agree with the mixing of different prints and florals, but it is still interesting to see the mixing. And even after all that, there is usually enough time for some extraneous conversation about how the print was inspired. Better that than showing the colors 16 times in one presentation.

Honored Contributor

I think they are becoming tiresome with all their elitist conversations, their ilk doesn't even buy from QVC.

Honored Contributor

I think all their elitist bantering is becoming tiresome, their ilk doesn't even shop at QVC and I am not impressed.

Trusted Contributor

On 5/3/2014 darcy3 said:

That is actually what I love about watching their presentations. I love it when they paint a picture, because they get so silly and fun.

Me too!!!!

New Contributor

Issac & Shawn are two of my least favorite presenters because they seem to discuss everything else other than providing descriptions of the items they are trying to sell. The operative word being ""sell."" How many folks tune in to hear about their social activities or how he is going to the Hamptons or her visits to anywhere? I also think they seem like nice people but sales might improve if they could confine their ""banter"" to on air items only.