Honored Contributor

This top better be well packaged

I'm talking about the embroidered top from Monday night over the tank. Yes, I realized it was high, but it was bright yellow and I need a bright yellow top. Scanning my orders it hit me this thing is almost $70.00. If I like it I will certainly keep it, but as a matter of principle it better not come wadded up in a plastic bag.

Respected Contributor

Re: This top better be well packaged

Don't they all come wadded up in a plastic bag? I've only recently received a few items folded neatly in a pristine bag with fresh paper inside the item.

Respected Contributor

Do you ever catalog order, or shop a store's website? Most seem to ship garments in bags inside of shipping bags.
Esteemed Contributor

I just received a pair of RL pants from Macy's that cost a lot more than $70.00 and they came wadded up in a plastic bag. same with a jacket from Coldwater Creek.
Super Contributor

On 4/18/2014 KathyPet said: I just received a pair of RL pants from Macy's that cost a lot more than $70.00 and they came wadded up in a plastic bag. same with a jacket from Coldwater Creek.

That is why perhaps, Coldwater Creek went belly up?{#emotions_dlg.glare}

Honored Contributor

Do you remember when everything came in a box? I think there would be a hanger and sometimes even a garment bag - depending on what you ordered.

Super Contributor

On 4/28/2014 brii said:

Do you remember when everything came in a box? I think there would be a hanger and sometimes even a garment bag - depending on what you ordered.

I remember that brii I ordered a vacuum{#emotions_dlg.w00t} cleaner from the Q, hope they put that in a box?

Super Contributor

This is one reason I love shopping online with Nordstrom. They ship their items in a plain, brown box with no logo. All the dresses and coats, jackets etc. I have ordered, come hung on a hanger with plastic over them. They really know how to ship things nicely.

And no when I've ordered dresses or other clothing from Macys they come in a clear plastic bag, inside a white plastic bag with logo. No hangers.

Esteemed Contributor

On 4/28/2014 imaclotheshog said:

This is one reason I love shopping online with Nordstrom. They ship their items in a plain, brown box with no logo. All the dresses and coats, jackets etc. I have ordered, come hung on a hanger with plastic over them. They really know how to ship things nicely.

And no when I've ordered dresses or other clothing from Macys they come in a clear plastic bag, inside a white plastic bag with logo. No hangers.

Just received a new bra today from Nordstroms. free shipping and the bra was on sale. Came in a sturdy box!!!
Super Contributor

On 4/28/2014 brii said:

It's to try and keep the cost of shipping down. If any of you have ever shipped, you know there is a huge difference in the cost of shipping in a bag vs box because shippers now charge not only by weight, but by dimensions. As well as the cost of bags vs boxes!