Super Contributor
I'm fairly new to qvc shopping, about a month now. In that time I've ordered an Issac dress, t-shirt, ankle pants, tunic top and a cardigan. The dress came with a snap sewn in the top to close the bust area up more. It even had threads left on one side showing where the snap had been moved. This was clearly a customer return Smiley Sad I called customer serivce who assusred me this was a warehouse error and they do not send out customer returns as new...... so I maiked the dress back. My return finally got processed and I'm waiting for my dress... two weeks later The ankle pants and t-shirt are lovely. Good fit, comfortable and stylish. The cardigan was great too except it has a black spot on one wrist. The tunic has bit fraying on the hems of the wrists and a big black spot on one of the brass looking buttons. I really like Isaac's style and there are so many more items I want to order but I'm afraid Are my expeniences normal?
Super Contributor

My experience with shopping from TV is that QVC is the best in quality, customer service, and returning items (QVC, HSN, and ShopHQ). Shipping and handling pricing is a different story; QVC is the highest. I'm guessing that QVC is trying to satisfy some of their loyal customers by offering some of their items $3 and $5 shipping starting yesterday and ends the end this month.

Super Contributor
On 3/26/2014 susan_ca said:

My experience with shopping from TV is that QVC is the best in quality, customer service, and returning items (QVC, HSN, and ShopHQ). Shipping and handling pricing is a different story; QVC is the highest. I'm guessing that QVC is trying to satisfy some of their loyal customers by offering some of their items $3 and $5 shipping starting yesterday and ends the end this month.

Oh wow! So having to return about half of what I buy is to be expected? That's dissapointing. Thanks for letting me know. I don't know that I will continue to buy clothing from qvc I did buy a couple dresses from hsn and both were fine. I didn't like how they fit me so I returned them for that. But there was no fraying, spots or home alterations. I guess I got lucky there. I've only seen clothes on shophq a couple times, they seem to be all invectca watches and sheets, but I didn't like what I saw.
Honored Contributor

At one time I worked QA-not QVC- but for a multi billion dollar company. Not all that comes in can be QA'd. We used the military standard for inspection.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Super Contributor
On 3/27/2014 bichon_emma said:

Oh wow! So having to return about half of what I buy is to be expected? That's dissapointing. Thanks for letting me know. I don't know that I will continue to buy clothing from qvc I did buy a couple dresses from hsn and both were fine. I didn't like how they fit me so I returned them for that. But there was no fraying, spots or home alterations. I guess I got lucky there. I've only seen clothes on shophq a couple times, they seem to be all invectca watches and sheets, but I didn't like what I saw.

No, returning half of what was ordered is not normal. Since you're new to shopping with the Q, I think it is a trial and error period until you get use to how each garment fits you. With that said, if you read the reviews before you place the order (on the Q site), some of the garments have reviewers say things that are quite contradicting, such as the garment is too big so size down while some other reviewers would say about the same garment that it is too small to size up. Again, with my experience I think the Q is the best when comparing the 3 TV shopping networks. Some garments' material have gone down in quality in that some are thinner than they used to, etc. BUT, some people like it that the material is thinner while other shoppers loathe it. [shrug]

Super Contributor
On 3/27/2014 susan_ca said:

No, returning half of what was ordered is not normal. Since you're new to shopping with the Q, I think it is a trial and error period until you get use to how each garment fits you. With that said, if you read the reviews before you place the order (on the Q site), some of the garments have reviewers say things that are quite contradicting, such as the garment is too big so size down while some other reviewers would say about the same garment that it is too small to size up. Again, with my experience I think the Q is the best when comparing the 3 TV shopping networks. Some garments' material have gone down in quality in that some are thinner than they used to, etc. BUT, some people like it that the material is thinner while other shoppers loathe it. [shrug]

Oh no it's not fit issues those I understand. I'm only talking about quality issues, arriving with stains, material fraying, and previous customer alterations Smiley Sad I've shopped online through other retailers for years, but not any shop on tv ones online arms of b&m chains (gap, old navy, Hanna andersson Macy's etc) and haven't run across this before. Granted I've only bought a few things from them over many years. So I was wondering if I was having a string of bad luck or if this is standard
Super Contributor
On 3/27/2014 Bungo said:

At one time I worked QA-not QVC- but for a multi billion dollar company. Not all that comes in can be QA'd. We used the military standard for inspection.

I understand not every item could possibly be checked but of 5 different items 3 had issues.
Honored Contributor

If I were you, I would stick to the retailers I know. I am amazed at some of the posts here where people send back so much of what they ordered. The cost must be astronomical!! If I were returning items to a b&m store that much I would stop shopping there. I think for a lot of people QVC is an addiction. Most of the items they sell can be found elsewhere at better prices.

Super Contributor
On 3/27/2014 susan_ca said:

Oh no it's not fit issues those I understand. I'm only talking about quality issues, arriving with stains, material fraying, and previous customer alterations Smiley Sad I've shopped online through other retailers for years, but not any shop on tv ones online arms of b&m chains (gap, old navy, Hanna andersson Macy's etc) and haven't run across this before. Granted I've only bought a few things from them over many years. So I was wondering if I was having a string of bad luck or if this is standard

Oh, gotcha. I had only one experience where something that looked like an iron mark on the LOGO top that I ordered here on the Q (A202259). I called CS and they refunded immediately -- the package was enroute when I called CS, and I used their smart label.

Honored Contributor

I return more like 90% of what I order from the Q because of quality control issues, their customer service is what keeps me as a loyal customer.