Not applicable

Why cover up those larger models?

I have several pieces of Isaac Mizrahi's designs that I dearly love. I would buy more, but I'm a 1x and every time a larger size is being modeled, some stylist puts a jacket on over the dress or top I want to see. I refuse to buy something when I don't have a chance to see how it will fit me. Its so frustrating! I won't buy a piece if I will need to cover it up. Put the jacket on the skinny models if you must show layers. Grrr

Super Contributor

Re: Why cover up those larger models?

I agree for all sizes, why hide what they are selling

Respected Contributor

I have noticed that also and I am not a plus size. Between the sweater and scarf you can't even see the item that is being aired. Not a good move on his part or his side kick who is the stylist in the back room.

Honored Contributor

Isaac seems to always want several pieces on the models on his shows. It does detract from the item they are presenting. Also, I think he over does it on mixing patterns/florals. I guess he knows best though, but I wouldn't put some of the combos on myself.

Honored Contributor

They don't just cover them up, they stick them in the background of the set.. There are hardly any CLOSEUPS to see garments, we hardly ever get to see the back of garments and the shots are long--from clear across the studio. Please, I want to see what I am buying.

Honored Contributor

They would lower their return rate if we could see. I agree that they use accessories which cover up the garment, too.
Honored Contributor

his things are just too "busy" for me....don't care for the ultra-large scale florals....totally overwhelming on my short self....add a scarf, etc and it's too much

Valued Contributor

I agree with all of you!! This is a first for me, lol. It drives me a bit nuts to see the models walking around with three layers of clothes on plus a scarf. I saw a shirt a couple of weeks ago under a sweater under a jacket that I was rather interested in seeing. It was never presented but the different layers were eventually. It is this reason I do not watch the Isaac shows like I used to. You gals have it right!!!!

Respected Contributor

The truth be told.....because larger women don't look good in sleeveless items and have to be more careful about the items that they wear. QVC doesn't want us to see this. A larger woman cannot just throw on a piece of clothing & look good. Put a basic tee and a pair of jeans on a size 6 woman & on a size 14-16 woman- The size 6 would look cute and the other, sloppy. I have gained weight (was always a sz 10 & am now a 14) & just don't look very good in clothing anymore. It's just not as much fun to dress.

Valued Contributor

Luv...I think Isaac's clothes are very much geared toward the slim. If we were all Linda we could wear his stuff. He does have Jacque model what your size is now. I have always hated the "white tee, jeans, and flip flops" mantra the hosts don't ever get tired of. Don't let Isaac's clothing (and sizing) get you down. Smile