Not applicable

legnth of skirts and dresses

Please make dresses longer for those of us in our senior years who love you. 60's, 70's, and 80's. We can always shorten but cannot lengthen them. Also bordersmake it imposible.

More pockets please{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Super Contributor

Re: legnth of skirts and dresses

I've always liked tea length/mid calf regardless of my age and I love pockets.
Honored Contributor

I agree, my legs were never my strong suit, even when I was younger. I won't purchase knee length dresses.

Honored Contributor

As Tim Gun says.. . No matter what your size, your skirt should never be more than a few inches above the knee and no longer than a few inches below the knee.

I always wear dresses and skirts a couple inches above the knee. Have good legs and I'm not ready for a retirement home and dresses way past your knees looks dowdy and ages you.

Honored Contributor

I agree with the OP. I'm in my mid 60s, good legs but I prefer mid calf length. I hate maxi dresses--feel like a schoolmarm in those--and am uncomfortable with anything about the knee.

As for pockets, I wish all pants, skirts and dresses had them. Won't buy pants and skirts if there are no pockets. Dresses are a lot harder to find. But I just bought my first IM dress and love it even without pockets!!

Respected Contributor

On 3/1/2014 cyndog said: I've always liked tea length/mid calf regardless of my age and I love pockets.

Me too. I wonder if they would be able to get that right since so many women would have it fall on them at different places. For me, tea length isn't flattering unless it hits just at the right spot.

Respected Contributor

Me too. QVC fits two sizes--regular and petite. Talls are left out.

Frequent Contributor

Couldn't agree more -- am 5 ft 10 and WAY too old for be showing my knees.

PLEASE ISAAC -- make your dresses in longer lengths!!!!!

viewer 45

Contributor

Skirts can all be shortened but can never be lengthened, As a rule. It would be nice to have an extra inch or two To work with, IMHO.
Contributor

I love dresses but I dont like the really short ones. I shop at J Jill and I noticed they put leggings under the dress. I tried it and love it . I've ordered one of the tee shirt dresses that appears to be short but will pair it with leggings. That is the new look I had never worn leggings but I wanted to wear a dress .

I am a mature lady I love fashion but I hate so see older women and ugly knees including my own.