Esteemed Contributor

How much do you pay your gardener a month?

Does he do anything else besides mowing? I am out this weekend pulling morning glory vines coming from one of my neighbors and cutting my dead roses. He doesn't seem to notice weeds. I gave him $20 extra for pruning the roses at the end of the year.

Super Contributor

Re: How much do you pay your gardener a month?

I'll be interested to read the responses you get. I can't give you any help because any gardening/lawn mowing/weeding/pruning/landscaping around my home is done by me.

Valued Contributor

Here in Fl. you pay for all extras. To mow, edge, blow the sidewalks and driveway is $85 a month. If I want shrubs or trees pruned it is all extra. The extra's could be $40 or more. I pull spray or pull my own weeds. They hardly ever weed for anyone. All extra!!!

Valued Contributor

Here in Fl. you pay for all extras. To mow, edge, blow the sidewalks and driveway is $85 a month. If I want shrubs or trees pruned it is all extra. The extra's could be $40 or more. I spray or pull my own weeds. They hardly ever weed for anyone. All extra!!!

Trusted Contributor

I suppose it depends on the size of your yard and which services you want. For our standard size residential lot in Houston, we pay $35 a week for mowing and edging the lawn. Beyond that we negotiate a price for anything else, but usually we do the flower bed maintenance and hedge trimming ourselves.

Honored Contributor

I am curious also, as I do all of it myself, at this point.

"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

Maybe I got a bargain. He took over from his brother and it is $55 dollars. I am getting up there 77, had a back operation last fall and still trying to recover. and dh has a lot wrong and doesn't do anything much. We live east of LA.

Honored Contributor

My gardener charges about $25 per week to mow lawn, then there is a seasonal haul away fee plus a monthly gasoline use fee. I do my own pruning and fertilization and crabgrass preventer. That cuts down on the cost and I know what I am applying to my lawn and shrubs; no surprises or having someone over fertilize the lawn.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

Two years ago before I moved, I had a small yard that was all plants and rocks with no grass. I paid $125 a month for full service. I did pay extra only for mulch and additional plantings. I never had to go out there except each morning to pick up after the dogs.

Occasional Contributor

I pay $180 a month for full service.