Honored Contributor

I thought it would be fun to start a thread and have everyone contribute their favorite bird pics. I'll post a few of my own later today.

There is a pic of a weasel hitching a ride on a Woodpecker in a post by the BBC News a couple of days ago...what an AWESOME capture!

Here's a link to the article:

LINK

*wondering if it's round trip* {#emotions_dlg.lol}

If that's 1st class, I don't want to ride in coach {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Super Contributor

Hi Susan! The defiant seagull is my longtime favorite bird image.

Honored Contributor

Hi Kathoderay,

TY for sharing...LOVE it...Too Funny!!! {#emotions_dlg.lol}

I love looking at bird pics. I put captions on a couple...

In our backyard...

Honored Contributor

When DH and I went birding at a local park...

Honored Contributor

I saw that weasel photo on TV yesterday and I believe it was a baby weasel.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

And I just think Winter Wrens are Soooo cute...lol

In our garden...

Honored Contributor

I used to have a wren who made a nest inside a birdhouse I had but I haven't seen them in a while. I need to get another birdhouse and hang it. At the Flower Show I was at last night they had them for sale for the kids to paint and hang. I should have bought one. The hole to the house is too large-- perfect for house sparrows and what I do is get a washer with a 1 1/8""diameter to attract wrens or chickadees and Krazy Glue it to the interior.

Saw this site online that lists all the dimensions needed to attract various cavity nesting birds.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor
On 3/5/2015 JustJazzmom said:

I used to have a wren who made a nest inside a birdhouse I had but I haven't seen them in a while. I need to get another birdhouse and hang it. At the Flower Show I was at last night they had them for sale for the kids to paint and hang. I should have bought one. The hole to the house is too large-- perfect for house sparrows and what I do is get a washer with a 1 1/8""diameter to attract wrens or chickadees and Krazy Glue it to the interior.

Saw this site online that lists all the dimensions needed to attract various cavity nesting birds.

Thanks for the helpful link/info!

We've had a male House Wren build a nest in one of our birdhouses for a few years but no females mated with him...poor thing. He would spend so much time building a nest and singing his heart out. I hope if he returns this year he'll finally get a mate. Here's a pic of the fella

Honored Contributor

Since most migratory birds have started their journey, I thought I'd share some pics of the Sandhill Cranes I took last year. They have started arriving in massive flocks over the past few days...

Honored Contributor