Super Contributor

Dan just said there's nothing like this...

I guess he doesn't know about the GreenWorks pole saw they sell on HSN.

Super Contributor

Dan just said that pine trees are known for their sap. He's one smart guy...pine trees DO have sap.

Honored Contributor

I have many pine trees on my property and have heard the comment that they are dirty trees. I also have other kinds of trees on my property and hands down, the pines are more drippy from the sap front.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

I bought the GreenWorks from HSN a few years ago. It is much heavier than represented, and I believe the same is true of the TSV. Dan said it was a light as a gallon of milk, then the rep immediately said 7 lbs. plus. Once the pole is attached, it becomes heavy, especially when reaching up high to get limbs. If doing a lot of pruning, the chain becomes detached so work stops while DH reattaches it. This may not happen with the TSV here, but I assume it is very similar to the one I bought.

Respected Contributor

I have this one and the HSN one that you could take the chainsaw off of the end and use separately. I have used the chainsaw end of the HSN one more. This one on QVC is very heavy if you are trying to reach above your head. I used it once and I was exhausted!

Esteemed Contributor

right and I have a black & decker battery operated pole saw that I really like. No cords! I like it and it works great.

Esteemed Contributor

mousiegirl, you are right, when you are working with something on an extended pole, you have to be careful with the weight distribution. I think that's why I like the B&D with the battery, it counterbalances the weight of the saw.

Honored Contributor
On 3/1/2015 GinaV24 said:

mousiegirl, you are right, when you are working with something on an extended pole, you have to be careful with the weight distribution. I think that's why I like the B&D with the battery, it counterbalances the weight of the saw.

Gina, thank you for the tip. I am going to look into the saw you have. DH can use the heavier one, but I could work during the week if I had a less heavy saw, instead of waiting for him on Sundays.

Esteemed Contributor
On 3/1/2015 mousiegirl said:
On 3/1/2015 GinaV24 said:

Gina, thank you for the tip. I am going to look into the saw you have. DH can use the heavier one, but I could work during the week if I had a less heavy saw, instead of waiting for him on Sundays.

Thanks for the tip about the Black & Decker model. I was planning to shop for a battery operated pole saw this spring.

Trusted Contributor

Wouldn't a battery one make it heavier? The whole chainsaw in the air looks so dangerous to me, but my son asked me to get it for some trees (small trees) that need some serious trimming. Small thick (3-4") branches, so he needs something more than a hedge clipper.

The other thing I find with battery operated garden tools is when the battery begins to drain, the power of the tool goes down too.

Does B&D make a corded one?