Valued Contributor

Thought I'd pass this on since this plant has flowered two years so far and I am wondering if it will bloom another summer. I found a Calliope Geranium at a local store two years ago. It had two plants in it for $6.00. It turned out to be the most beautiful geranium I've ever had. It's a cross between a trailing and upright. It's a dark red. My home is white so it shows up really well. Check it out online. Mine was about 2 ft wide and I had to put it up on a stand it was hitting the ground. I did nothing to it but just brought it in for the winter in my garage. I'm starting to fertilize it now and new growth is coming on. I hope it blooms again this year. Best $6. I ever spent. I don't get a lot of sun because of tall evergreen trees so I love the geraniums.

Valued Contributor

My favorite summer flower of all! If I don't have enough $$$$ for any other new flowers, I always save so I can have plenty of these. THe best all summer color.

Beckyblu

Honored Contributor

I have geraniums, sounds like I have yours, and scented geraniums which grow into massive bushes, and I have found that they prefer filtered shade, which also makes the blooms stand out. I do nothing but water.

Honored Contributor
I bought a beautiful geranium last spring that grew well on my front porch over the summer. I knew I didn't have enough light in my basement to keep it alive over the winter, so I convinced my teacher daughter to take it to her bright classroom, and winter it for me. With my specific instructions, the geranium survived under her care, and is in bloom now! Her students love having flowers in their classroom.
Honored Contributor

They are really easy to start from cuttings

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor
On 3/22/2015 Desertdi said:

They are really easy to start from cuttings

Yes they are, and at times while browsing through the garden center, if I see a broken stem just dangling, I will break it off, or on the ground, stick it in my purse, and plant it in a starter pot.

Super Contributor

I love geraniums; thanks for sharing your story.